Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
here is an update with the artec inners

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG
Daaaamn those are sweet. Did you do the rears as well or just the fronts? Had them powder coated yourself I assume?

Yes lol all BFGs if im not mistaken
I'm not sure that the 315/70R17 KO2's in load range C have a RWL sidewall option. Some KO2's are dual sided, but the stock ones and my new ones are all black, both sides.
Sponsored

SAGE8-JL

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2016 Ford F150 Sport
Daaaamn those are sweet. Did you do the rears as well or just the fronts? Had them powder coated yourself I assume?

Thanks!!!! I plan on doing the rears soon, but my front bumper will come first... Rears just weren't a necessity like the fronts were. I did have them powder coated the same as my wheels (lolly pop red).

SAGE8-JL

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2016 Ford F150 Sport
Actually, I'm looking at your photos closely, and seeing something I really don't like. How many miles on these tires in this photo set? They seem to be wearing and chunking pretty badly. Did you offroad a lot? Lots of gravel?
I don't think they are any worse off than any other tire Ive wheeled with. They have definitely seen their fair share of red rock and dirt roads. I would say the chunking is average for the amount of off-road driving they have done. they have about 3K miles on them so far. Ive had the Coopers STT Pros, MTR-K's, KM2s, TOYO AT's. and they are all about the same when subject to rocks. Nothing in my mind to worry about. Its just the nature of the beast when wheeling. :like:

EDIT-- Upon further inspection, I think that the picture you're referring to is deceiving. I think what you are seeing is the dark marks from dirt mixed with blacktop. The picture looks like the are chunked badly, but that is not the case.

OP
OP
NFRs2000NYC

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't think they are any worse off than any other tire Ive wheeled with. They have definitely seen their fair share of red rock and dirt roads. I would say the chunking is average for the amount of off-road driving they have done. they have about 3K miles on them so far. Ive had the Coopers STT Pros, MTR-K's, KM2s, TOYO AT's. and they are all about the same when subject to rocks. Nothing in my mind to worry about. Its just the nature of the beast when wheeling. :like:

EDIT-- Upon further inspection, I think that the picture you're referring to is deceiving. I think what you are seeing is the dark marks from dirt mixed with blacktop. The picture looks like the are chunked badly, but that is not the case.

I was referring to this pic, in the lower right quadrant....Im seeing lots of tearing, layer separation and such....

img_1090-jpg.jpg

My Duratracs after 22000 miles, with probably 1000 miles of offroad action don't have that. Having said that, If you are saying that Im not looking at the actual rubber but a thin layer of mud then it makes sense and really throws me...looking at other parts of the tire, it seems that damage is not there.