Sponsored

37 Days Since Having my Jeep and my deal is still not funded with Ally bank and I don't have an account, anyone else have issues?

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I took hold of my Wrangler on April 8th, and I still don't have an account setup with Ally. It has come to a point now where the dealership wants me to make this months payment with them, and they will apply it to my account once it gets funded so I dont have any late payments. In all my years of buying/leasing vehicles I have never had an issue like this where its taking this long. The finance guy says both him and Ally are pointing fingers at each other over issues on the contract and he has no timetable of when the deal will actually get funded at this point. And also says it has nothing to do with myself (over 800 credit score).

Love the Jeep, but this entire experience is leaving a sour taste in my mouth and I was just curious if anyone else was having issues like this?
Sponsored

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Nothing to do with Jeep per se. Something isn't be communicated right between the dealership finance dept and Ally, I'd press your finance guy at the dealership they should be able to figure that out (it's their job after all, no matter who is at fault). My finance dept was able to set everything up beforehand, when I took ownership it was just checking the paperwork and signing, took literally 20 minutes and I was done with the paperwork.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
So the dealership hasn't gotten their money yet? Or they've been paid and Ally hasn't given you the account info to make your payments yet?

I had an issue like this before and was told just to send the check to where it said in the contract. They figured it out and I got the payment book a few weeks later.

I expect the dealer has gotten their money or they'd be on your butt to bring the car back.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
So the dealership hasn't gotten their money yet? Or they've been paid and Ally hasn't given you the account info to make your payments yet?

I had an issue like this before and was told just to send the check to where it said in the contract. They figured it out and I got the payment book a few weeks later.

I expect the dealer has gotten their money or they'd be on your butt to bring the car back.
From my understanding, they have not gotten their money yet as Ally has not funded the deal, hence why I am not in Ally's system and the finance guy keeps fighting with them (according to him).

I have spoken to Ally twice and have given them all of my info, the VIN, etc. and they still don't see me in any system. I am going to drop my payment check off with the dealer today, who said they will apply it to my account once Ally funds it so there are no late payments.

I would expect if there was a serious issue the dealer would want the car back too, or they would have reached out to me, the funny thing is that its ME trying so hard to pay a damn bill, its pretty ridiculous. I had to follow up with the dealership twice because I never got a call or text back when reaching out. Like I specifically asked them if this was an issue with me even though my credit is above 800, or something with my finances, and he said no this is strictly an issue between the dealer and the bank, but he also wont go into further detail to me.

Basically I am just keeping a log of all my calls, texts, and now checks dropped off in case something happens. I am almost 40 and have been leasing/buying cars for awhile and this is the first time ever I have ran into an issue like this.

Like it's a car contract, not a Middle East peace treaty, why is this taking so long to figure out?

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Nothing to do with Jeep per se. Something isn't be communicated right between the dealership finance dept and Ally, I'd press your finance guy at the dealership they should be able to figure that out (it's their job after all, no matter who is at fault). My finance dept was able to set everything up beforehand, when I took ownership it was just checking the paperwork and signing, took literally 20 minutes and I was done with the paperwork.
Yeah definitely not Jeep's fault, but this dealership and bank needs to get their crap together. It's like pulling teeth to GIVE them money. Maybe as I get older I just get more cranky with incompetence, but 37 days and I still don't technically have an account/contract to make payments? Kinda ridiculous if you ask me. And if you're the GM of a dealership, don't you want this stuff funded in a few days so you get paid?

I have had such an easy time leasing vehicles I have never hit a snag like this before. I guess this is a downside to it as opposed to me purchasing and just using a check from my credit union and using my own financing.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Just make sure you document your payment to the dealer.

My leasing company was slow to send me a payment as well, but it isn't through Ally. I bought my Jeep on April 12th and they didn't send me a bill until May 10th fora May 12th due date. It does say I have 10th days before adding a late fee. Obviously I paid it immediately. I don't want to mess up my 800+ credit score either.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Very weird.

My coworker bought a car over the weekend and there was some issue with the loan. They literally came on Monday and repo'd it from the company parking lot. Not even a phone call. He thought his new car had been stolen. It ended up being a trivial issue to fix and he got his car back by the next day, but dealerships damn sure don't like not having their money. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long.

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
Why don't you just have the dealer switch you over to Chrysler Capital? The payments should be very similar.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When GM and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy in 2009, Chrysler Capital and GMAC got dissolved and Ally Financial was spun off.

For years Ally became the indirect lender for FCA and GM.

I remember reading since then that Ally got restructured, bought out or something. FCA doesn’t really own its captive lender like say, Toyota Financial, leaving Jeep and its dealers in a vulnerable position.

Without knowing the details of what went wrong, at the end of the day if the lender screws up, then the dealer screws up and, by extension, Jeep screws up. That’s how shit rolls.

Chances are by now sales commissions have been paid out, the vehicle has been reported as sold and registered with the state. The last thing the dealer wants to do now is undo the deal and take the vehicle back. If they did, the dealer wouldn’t be able to sell that Jeep as new any more and they would be the ones left holding the bag. On the other hand, the bank hasn’t paid them for the sold Jeep. My guess is that’s why the dealer is willing to take your payments even without a loan contract.

What a mess.

Hope you get things resolved.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
When GM and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy in 2009, Chrysler Capital and GMAC got dissolved and Ally Financial was spun off.

For years Ally became the indirect lender for FCA and GM.

I remember reading since then that Ally got restructured, bought out or something. FCA doesn’t really own its captive lender like say, Toyota Financial, leaving Jeep and its dealers in a vulnerable position.

Without knowing the details of what went wrong, at the end of the day if the lender screws up, then the dealer screws up and, by extension, Jeep screws up. That’s how shit rolls.

Chances are by now sales commissions have been paid out, the vehicle has been reported as sold and registered with the state. The last thing the dealer wants to do now is undo the deal and take the vehicle back. If they did, the dealer wouldn’t be able to sell that Jeep as new any more and they would be the ones left holding the bag. On the other hand, the bank hasn’t paid them for the sold Jeep. My guess is that’s why the dealer is willing to take your payments even without a loan contract.

What a mess.

Hope you get things resolved.
Thanks. I mean like you said at the end of the day it’s not really my problem I guess until it starts to effect my credit or something. I have the car and dropped off the first payment with the dealer. Finance guy was nice enough, said while he has no timetable when this will be resolved that he can’t imagine it I’ll have to make next months payment with the dealer again. Said this is a one in a million issue. He could be lying his ass off I have no clue but I have my documentation and hopefully it gets sorted out. I did ask him if hey is there an issue where you guys will need to take the vehicle back? He said no it had nothing to do with that and everything on my end is fine

I did get my title and registration a few weeks ago. And I have a receipt from the dealer for giving them my monthly payment for May. Registration is with Ally as the lender on my paper.

Hopefully this is not too much FYI but my only issue is I deal unfortunately with anxiety/depression stuff and when things like financial transactions aren’t in order it sends me for a loop and I get to be kind of a mess. Believe me I know it sounds stupid typing it out and at the end of the day it’s not a big deal, but the brain does what the brain does and it will be a nice relief for me when it’s all sorted out.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I did get my title and registration a few weeks ago.
Don't lenders normally keep the vehicle title until loan is paid in full?

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Im no expert but from what I’ve heard is that if the dealership and bank work together so closely and so much a lot of that is expedited even though nothing is officially done yet. Like the other poster said it’s why dealers hate the process unraveling deals. Once again I could be totally wrong but just stuff I’ve heard and with my own research.

On the bright side I attempted to create an account today with Ally even though I haven’t gotten anything mail wise and it worked. So I have officially have a 10 day past due account even though I was only able to create it today. It does show a submitted payment by the dealership with the check I gave them but it hasn’t gone through. So I’ll give it another day to make sure my account is up to date. If not I’ll call Ally and make sure I don’t get dinged for being late since there’s nothing I could do.

Fun! Thankfully this is over with soon it seems and I can get to enjoying the Jeep. The dealership also forgot to register me with a recreational pass that I asked for, so I need to go add that now too.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
depends on the state.

also, if there is a loan, the lein is noted on the title.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Everything has been solved and is up to date. :like: Thanks for letting me rant! Now to look at camping stuff for the Jeep. đź’¸
Sponsored