37” Tires for my build. LOST…

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I’ve read enough threads on here regarding which tires to go with for a lifetime. So for fun, if you’re the type that feels like sharing, and you feel strongly about your tires or have a strong opinion in regards to what to shy away from, share it. All opinions welcome.
I’m going 37”, the exact measurement isn’t important, I will be using the headlock 392 wheels, my build will be either 3-3.5” of lift on my JLU rubicon, I’ll be installing a fridge and steel bumpers winch etc. this is my exploration overland/crawl/road trip vehicle. On road performance in snow and rain and quietness is important but also, the ability to be durable and not chunk when we crawl with the local jeep club. I do some desert crawling, high speed sandy driving and also enjoy the snow and snow camp a couple times a year. I’m looking for the best at these needs, or whatever is considered the best by your opinions. I’ve ran toyo open countries, patagonias, kenati mud hogs, ko2’s, and nitro ridge grapplers. On my truck, the Toyo’s have been my favorite, on the wranglers in my past, the ko2’s I have now on my stock rubicon are my fav. Followed by the ridge grapplers, (Hated the Patagonia’s). Anyways, 🍻 thank you in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
My choice would be the KO2’s for what you describe.
Thanks, I know this YouTuber that I’ve enjoyed following Trailrecon loves his ko2 37’s and he uses his jeep like I use mine. Never had them before this stock rubicon I bought a couple weeks back, and I really like them. Had to air down to 32PSI but they are great and when I took them up bulldog canyon Saturday and in the mud last week, they performed great for a 33” tire.

Reactions: TMP

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks, I know this YouTuber that I’ve enjoyed following Trailrecon loves his ko2 37’s and he uses his jeep like I use mine. Never had them before this stock rubicon I bought a couple weeks back, and I really like them. Had to air down to 32PSI but they are great and when I took them up bulldog canyon Saturday and in the mud last week, they performed great for a 33” tire.
BFG AT’s, then KO’s, then KO2’s have been my favourite tire since the first set I had in 1994.
I’ve had them in 30”, 31”, 32”, 33” and 35” sizes, probably 15 sets over the years and zero complaints.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Per this forum, your 37s will either make your Wrangler ride better than stock or blowup. Best of luck!!

My two favorites are the KO2’s and STT Pro’s, followed by Trail Grapplers. Every set of those I’ve ran held up great mileage-wise and on the trails, I never paid attention to MPGs.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Last edited:

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I'm in Wickenburg, similar environment. I run Toyo M/T's but I also put very few road miles on it. The other factor is the spare from the previous set is inside the Jeep and never been on the ground. I saved $450 just matching the 4 up with that one. They do great for me offroad

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
I’ve read enough threads on here regarding which tires to go with for a lifetime. So for fun, if you’re the type that feels like sharing, and you feel strongly about your tires or have a strong opinion in regards to what to shy away from, share it. All opinions welcome.
I’m going 37”, the exact measurement isn’t important, I will be using the headlock 392 wheels, my build will be either 3-3.5” of lift on my JLU rubicon, I’ll be installing a fridge and steel bumpers winch etc. this is my exploration overland/crawl/road trip vehicle. On road performance in snow and rain and quietness is important but also, the ability to be durable and not chunk when we crawl with the local jeep club. I do some desert crawling, high speed sandy driving and also enjoy the snow and snow camp a couple times a year. I’m looking for the best at these needs, or whatever is considered the best by your opinions. I’ve ran toyo open countries, patagonias, kenati mud hogs, ko2’s, and nitro ridge grapplers. On my truck, the Toyo’s have been my favorite, on the wranglers in my past, the ko2’s I have now on my stock rubicon are my fav. Followed by the ridge grapplers, (Hated the Patagonia’s). Anyways, 🍻 thank you in advance
I’ve owned several sets of Goodyear Wrangler MTRs with Kevlar, and the only complaint I’ve had is the companys political issues lol. I had a set of 35s on my lj that saw torturous abuse and never blinked an eye at it.

All the sets I had sawsnow, rock, mud, and sand everything California arizona, Nevada and Utah could throw at them and the only thing that got through was a few random road debris.(screw/nails)

also I have ko2s on my wife’s 4Runner, and they ride nice. I would trust the ko2s a little more in the snow then my wranglers, but that’s a mental thing I think. Off-roading though I wouldn’t trust those tires in comparison. They are waaaaaaay softer then the wranglers are. My friend swears by his and they are ripped up, my wranglers have never given up a single piece of tread.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Nitto Ridge Grapplers are the best hybrid MT/AT tires in the world. How do I know? I don't. I have nothing to back that statement up.

I am having them installed this week on the Jeep, though, and I will let you know what I think about them in a few months.

In the meantime, you need to go ahead and install them too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Nitto Ridge Grapplers are the best hybrid MT/AT tires in the world. How do I know? I don't. I have nothing to back that statement up.

I am having them installed this week on the Jeep, though, and I will let you know what I think about them in a few months.

In the meantime, you need to go ahead and install them too.
Lol, I’m really dead nuts between the 37” ridge grappler and the 37” KO2…🤔

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Lol, I’m really dead nuts between the 37” ridge grappler and the 37” KO2…🤔
I like anything that makes my life easier. It is easier to say Nitto than it is to say BFGoodrich. Get the Ridge Grapplers and join the Kool Kids club!

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I like anything that makes my life easier. It is easier to say Nitto than it is to say BFGoodrich. Get the Ridge Grapplers and join the Kool Kids club!
You’re a good salesman!😂