First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
FWIW ... I've been running 37s and the AEV lift (which the lift doesn't affect the acceleration anyhow) ... is it slower than when it was factory? Yes. Is my MPG worse? Yes. I'm mid to upper teens with mostly city, but can dip a little (a lot) lower if I'm aggressive all the time or if I am using remote start a lot. I don't think it is that much that I am looking to get it re-geared. If I did a lot of towing, I would consider it (especially through the mountains). I haven't met a rock I couldn't get over.

I didn't buy it for fuel economy or for performance. I drive my wife's Mustang if I want to go fast and hug corners.

With 37s and 4.10s it is still way faster than my 2012 was with 35s and 4.10s. That 8 speed transmission is really nice.

-Tom
Thanks for the details. I moved back to a Jeep from a RAM Rebel Hemi so I do miss the oomph of the Hemi sometimes but wanted to see if the 37s would slog.
Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
You can run the 37’s with no lift if you do a fender chop. American Adventure Lab has a great setup that looks good and gives you loads of clearance. Don’t forget to check your bumpstops.