GY Duratrac
Mastercraft MXT
Yokohama Geolandar MT+
Pro Comp Xtreme MT
Milestar Patagonia
BFG KO2
BFG KM
BFG KM2

The Milestars are comparable to the BFG KO2 in road noise. They are very quiet and smooth. You won't find an MT with less road noise.
Thanks...does patagonia give you a discount on your milestar's? Are you incentivized by them?

How would you compare the ko2 to the milestar in terms of performance offroad?
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Thanks...does patagonia give you a discount on your milestar's? Are you incentivized by them?

How would you compare the ko2 to the milestar in terms of performance offroad?
I buy my tires like 99.9% of the people on this forum. Despite what XJRider, or whatever his name is, keeps spreading, there are maybe 1-2 people on here who get tire discounts from them. If you take a look at the major manufacturers such as GY, BFG, and Nitto they pump millions into advertisement and promo tires. Don't be swayed by a troll...

I never had the KO2 off road. I only ran them a short time.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I buy my tires like 99.9% of the people on this forum. Despite what XJRider, or whatever his name is, keeps spreading, there are maybe 1-2 people on here who get tire discounts from them. If you take a look at the major manufacturers such as GY, BFG, and Nitto they pump millions into advertisement and promo tires. Don't be swayed by a troll...

Thanks...why did you change from the ko2?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
In the past 5 years I have run these tires:

GY Duratrac
Mastercraft MXT
Yokohama Geolandar MT+
Pro Comp Xtreme MT
Milestar Patagonia
BFG KO2
BFG KM
BFG KM2

The Milestars are comparable to the BFG KO2 in road noise. They are very quiet and smooth. You won't find an MT with less road noise.

A 37 inch Milestar will run an inch or so taller than the BFG will.
Under the jeep, the Milestar will measure 36 even, the BFG about 35 inches. With that being said, the BFG will probably have slightly less impact on acceleration loss.
Hey...last week, I swapped jeeps with my friends jlur 6 spd 2 door with stock suspension and 315/70/17 milestar load d with 4k miles on them to compare with my 315/70/17 ko2's load c with 4k miles on them. Both tires were aired at 30 psi and we both agreed that the ko2's road smoother and were quieter. I drove his with the window down at 40mph and could hear a hum and feel the tread a bit. After doing that, I dont agree that the milestar's ride like ko2's.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hey...last week, I swapped jeeps with my friends jlur 6 spd 2 door with stock suspension and 315/70/17 milestar load d with 4k miles on them to compare with my 315/70/17 ko2's load c with 4k miles on them. Both tires were aired at 30 psi and we both agreed that the ko2's road smoother and were quieter. I drove his with the window down at 40mph and could hear a hum and feel the tread a bit. After doing that, I dont agree that the milestar's ride like ko2's.
We will have to agree to disagree. I've had 2 sets of the Milestars and both were quiet and smooth.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon

Haha! My thoughts exact... People love to bash on Patagonia tires and Metalcloak, and they usually come out of the way of fife (misspelled purposely as it’s banned from saying on this site) camp... where Evo is the only option and Nitto tires can’t be matched. Of course Eddie is the all knowing and if you don’t listen to him you don’t know jeeps.... please.

Patagonia tires rule.... notice how there are tons of them in actual use aside from social media and how many publicized failures are there? Not more than the other brands....
And no I’m not paid by them at all I bought them from Walmart ... cheapest place by far.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Haha! My thoughts exact... People love to bash on Patagonia tires and Metalcloak, and they usually come out of the way of fife (misspelled purposely as it’s banned from saying on this site) camp... where Evo is the only option and Nitto tires can’t be matched. Of course Eddie is the all knowing and if you don’t listen to him you don’t know jeeps.... please.

Patagonia tires rule.... notice how there are tons of them in actual use aside from social media and how many publicized failures are there? Not more than the other brands....
And no I’m not paid by them at all I bought them from Walmart ... cheapest place by far.
I would have to say that they are my favorite tire that I have run. I have zero complaints.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline

Toyo Open Country was my preferred tire, but this Patagonia one is really starting to get a lot of love on the forum.

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, 07 Dodge Cummins, 900 HP 72 Nova
I know it was already suggested... but 1-5lbs isn't crazy weight when heavy is heavy. mine drives great and functions great (Mopar 2" and 37x12.50 Toyo MT's)
so I second the Toyo's. I was concerned about weight as well... but it drives awesome, and would buy the same setup again.

Mojito Flexin.jpg
Tires look great, how wide of a rim are you running

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Do you have a 4 Wheel Parts near you? The one in Denver had 90 KM3's in 37X12.5 last month.
Sponsored