37” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A\T review

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I have set ofBoss AT 35s on order with Discount/America’s tires, 4-6 week wait. Now going onto week 4 and keeping my finger crossed. If they are still not available at the end of 6 weeks I will be moving to plan B which is back to ATZ P3s which served me extremely well on my JLU.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, I really wanted a set of these, but no one has them. I had to "settle" for BFG KO2's in 37x12.5x17 Load Range C. Should be in within a week or so.
Were your Kanatis not working out?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Any one air these down yet with beadlocks to less than 10psi? Curious how the sidewalls are holding up.

Sponsored

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Anyone have experience with the Baja Boss ATs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers? How do they compare?

Also, anyone have experience with both the new Baja Boss ATs and the recent MTs? Any preference between the two?

Thanks!

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Its hard to take those measurements because everyone will run them at different pressures (30-40psi makes a pretty big difference in not only comfort but height and footprint) and everyone’s rigs are different weights so they are very subjective.
This is why the proper way to measure a tire is horizontally at trail pressure. With those measurements you can figure out how much lifting and cutting it'll take to fit the tire...

OP
OP
backs1de

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Anyone have experience with the Baja Boss ATs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers? How do they compare?

Also, anyone have experience with both the new Baja Boss ATs and the recent MTs? Any preference between the two?

Thanks!
Both are good, ive owned ridge grapplers before but i didnt like the price compared to the Baja Boss ATs and the fact that they arent 3 peak rated which is a requirement for me (some mountain roads wont let me pass unless i have 3peak, studded or chains on)

I've had them for 6 months now and im extremely happy with their performance, ill be going out in the snow soon and will update on its snow/ice capability compared to KO2s and Ridge Grapplers.

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Both are good, ive owned ridge grapplers before but i didnt like the price compared to the Baja Boss ATs and the fact that they arent 3 peak rated which is a requirement for me (some mountain roads wont let me pass unless i have 3peak, studded or chains on)

I've had them for 6 months now and im extremely happy with their performance, ill be going out in the snow soon and will update on its snow/ice capability compared to KO2s and Ridge Grapplers.
That's great feedback @backs1de , thank you! How do the Baja Boss ATs compare with the Nittos and KO2s in the rain/wet pavement and offroad?

Really interested to hear your thoughts as it looks like we live in pretty similar climates with similar trails :D (I'm a bit outside Seattle)

Wogstl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep 4xe Rubicon - Stingray
I waited about 2 months to get these due to manufacturing delays but I gotta say after driving them for about 2k miles I’m super happy with them. I went with the 37x12.5x17 tires on Teraflex Nomad wheels and I think it looks great (rash rings in the way because I already scratched them lol)

I went with these tires because I was a huge fan of KO2s, out here in the PNW we encounter snow and ice in the winter months off-roading so a 3 peak snow rated tire was very important to me (roads get closed to people with out proper tires or chains) I’ve had MT tires on snow and they just don’t perform well unfortunately.

The tires looks great, I get lots of compliments and most people are surprised to find out they are only a AT tire due to its aggressive look. The sidewalls are very strong aired down (had them down to about 13psi) and they seem to grab rocks very well compared to the stock KO2s. The side lugs are big and provided a good grip when aired down.

Road noise is not noticeable from the KO2s (which are pretty quiet), I performed a chalk test and they seem to do well on my JLUR at about 30-35psi (anything higher and the ride is a little rougher)

if you love KO2s because of their warranty, snow peak rating and road manners this might be the tire for you, also they are $25 cheaper per tire, be sure to ask @Discount Tire for the forum discount!

I will update my post with a long term review

8D980AEE-6188-455F-AE7C-1EFD23397CB9.jpeg
9CE166E3-75ED-44FF-ADF4-B9FC4A17167A.jpeg
A6FE71E4-2595-42D6-83E3-0A705414C78E.jpeg
FEFDC6A6-7385-4373-A7E1-013348EDEC34.jpeg
Great looking Jeep!! Can you share what size your lift is and what the offset is on your wheels?

Sponsored

OP
OP
backs1de

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

That's great feedback @backs1de , thank you! How do the Baja Boss ATs compare with the Nittos and KO2s in the rain/wet pavement and offroad?

Really interested to hear your thoughts as it looks like we live in pretty similar climates with similar trails :D (I'm a bit outside Seattle)
Road performance has been great so far, very little to no noise difference compared to ko2s (very quiet) rain has been good but it’s very subjective considering I’m on 37s and air down to 24psi. Off-road I like them better than ko2s and ridge grapplers the side biter lugs are more pronounced and seem to grip better, I like the more aggressive thread pattern also, I would assume both those things SHOULD help but again no real way to test.

OP
OP
backs1de

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Great looking Jeep!! Can you share what size your lift is and what the offset is on your wheels?
2.5” Rock Krawler lift with terraflex nomad wheels 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 backspace

Bkmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited rubicon
Are you still liking the tires? Any pros or cons now that you’ve had them awhile?

OP
OP
backs1de

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Are you still liking the tires? Any pros or cons now that you’ve had them awhile?
None at all, they are still quiet, no uneven wear, and are wearing at the expected rate

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Have had these tires on order with discount tire for a couple months. They should be here next month some time.
Sponsored