37” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A\T review

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
If I had to guess is the only thing people complain about (they are great tires BTW) but they wear out fast due to the softer compound or the poor traction in rain/snow?
Are you saying the Baja are not that good in the rain? Was considering them after my K02”s. Living in south Florida, definitely need good traction in the rain.
Sponsored

OP
OP
backs1de

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Are you saying the Baja are not that good in the rain? Was considering them after my K02”s. Living in south Florida, definitely need good traction in the rain.
I was referring to the Patagonia Milestars, I bought these specifically for snow rating and good traction in rain compared to MTs

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
the 37s are measuring 36.7”
Did you actually measured them or thats the site advertised size? I got them in “35” and the just measured 34”

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Right there with ya. I'm a big mickey thompson fan (little did I know I was a few mins from HQ when I lived in Ohio). We currently have a truck with the atz p3 on them so we'll have a good test as to how they are but I'm leaning more towards the ATs as well next time around. Currently have the deegan mts

Sponsored

OP
OP
backs1de

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Did you actually measured them or thats the site advertised size? I got them in “35” and the just measured 34”
Its hard to take those measurements because everyone will run them at different pressures (30-40psi makes a pretty big difference in not only comfort but height and footprint) and everyone’s rigs are different weights so they are very subjective.

im out camping and don’t have a measuring tape so I will measure them on my rig when I get home in a few days and update you.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
After a 4700 mile round trip on the Milestars I will be looking at these next.
I was referring to the Patagonia Milestars, I bought these specifically for snow rating and good traction in rain compared to MTs
Right there with ya. I'm a big mickey thompson fan (little did I know I was a few mins from HQ when I lived in Ohio). We currently have a truck with the atz p3 on them so we'll have a good test as to how they are but I'm leaning more towards the ATs as well next time around. Currently have the deegan mts
I have 35" Mickey ATZ P3s ready to mount up, can't wait to ditch the Patagonias. The Milestars are ok for the price I paid (got the 295/70/17s for $129 each back in 2019 at Walmart.com) but are pretty poor in the wet & cold, don't wear well, I think 25k is all I'd get on them.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I have 35" Mickey ATZ P3s ready to mount up, can't wait to ditch the Patagonias. The Milestars are ok for the price I paid (got the 295/70/17s for $129 each back in 2019 at Walmart.com) but are pretty poor in the wet & cold, don't wear well, I think 25k is all I'd get on them.
ouch yea 25k is nuts. I got my mickey deegan mt put on at 97k and have 148k on the ticker now with it being used 70road/30trail so I'm pretty pleased minus the loudness.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Discount unfortunately reports OOS on these and more available in 3 mos. This global panicdemic economy is truly fantastic......

jeronimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Occupation
On the trail :+)
I waited about 2 months to get these due to manufacturing delays but I gotta say after driving them for about 2k miles I’m super happy with them. I went with the 37x12.5x17 tires on Teraflex Nomad wheels and I think it looks great (rash rings in the way because I already scratched them lol)

I went with these tires because I was a huge fan of KO2s, out here in the PNW we encounter snow and ice in the winter months off-roading so a 3 peak snow rated tire was very important to me (roads get closed to people with out proper tires or chains) I’ve had MT tires on snow and they just don’t perform well unfortunately.

The tires looks great, I get lots of compliments and most people are surprised to find out they are only a AT tire due to its aggressive look. The sidewalls are very strong aired down (had them down to about 13psi) and they seem to grab rocks very well compared to the stock KO2s. The side lugs are big and provided a good grip when aired down.

Road noise is not noticeable from the KO2s (which are pretty quiet), I performed a chalk test and they seem to do well on my JLUR at about 30-35psi (anything higher and the ride is a little rougher)

if you love KO2s because of their warranty, snow peak rating and road manners this might be the tire for you, also they are $25 cheaper per tire, be sure to ask @Discount Tire for the forum discount!

I will update my post with a long term review

8D980AEE-6188-455F-AE7C-1EFD23397CB9.jpeg
9CE166E3-75ED-44FF-ADF4-B9FC4A17167A.jpeg
A6FE71E4-2595-42D6-83E3-0A705414C78E.jpeg
FEFDC6A6-7385-4373-A7E1-013348EDEC34.jpeg
I got the exact same tires but have them on KMC XD231 beadlocks. I have huge trouble having them balanced. What was your experience balancing these?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Discount unfortunately reports OOS on these and more available in 3 mos. This global panicdemic economy is truly fantastic......
Yep, I really wanted a set of these, but no one has them. I had to "settle" for BFG KO2's in 37x12.5x17 Load Range C. Should be in within a week or so.
Sponsored