Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
P

tob too late but I have 35” ridge grapplers at 76lbs I feel them for sure... I am switching to 37” ko2 because even as a taller tire they are like 8lbs lighter
by the way if anyone cares.. the K02 drive a million times better, and feel much better breaking.. but the 37 rotationally still slow the jeep down a bit, and 8th gear is rare.. but still drives better than the 35" heavy grapplers, and certainly happy enough with it to not both re-gearing.
Sponsored

Jtizzle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 cj5,2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
This thread is a little old but I figure it’s always good to keep this going for new tire shoppers. I have had a lot of tires over the years and have run 3 sets of BFG, the Nitto Trail Grapplers, and also the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. I loved all three tires for different reasons and think you can’t go wrong with any if you know the limitations of each. As for the best all around tire of the three I personally give the not to the Baja Boss, but it gives up a little in ride quality over the other two for the sake of a more aggressive off-road tread. For the level of aggressive tread though, I haven’t had anything hold up better on road and it just simply did better in mud and rocks than the nitto did for me. With that said, the nittos did better on road as far as quietness and smoothness for a daily driver. Right now I’m running 37 12.5 17 BFG, I have the Baja boss on another set of rims so I can trash them in the rocks and mud when I need to, and the BFG are a million times smoother on road than well worn mud terrains. I also have a CJ5 with 35” Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ And they grip like CRAZY and have never let me down.