WattsofJeep

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL eco diesel
Hey Everyone,

I know this topic comes up frequently, but I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info. I just ordered a 21’ Unlimited with the Eco Diesel, and also the 2” Mopar lift kit and rubicon flares at the dealership (so I don’t void the warranty). My question is, what else do I need to run 37’s for an easy driving mall crawler? This isn’t the Jeep I’ll be bringing to the trails, its pretty much going to be a general family use MC. Should I bother with C gussets and upgrading ball joints, and if so, do you know if this voids my factory warranty? I’m also curious what size 37’s would be as flush as possible to the Rubicon flares.

Thanks everyone,

Liam
Sponsored

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey Everyone,

I know this topic comes up frequently, but I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info. I just ordered a 21’ Unlimited with the Eco Diesel, and also the 2” Mopar lift kit and rubicon flares at the dealership (so I don’t void the warranty). My question is, what else do I need to run 37’s for an easy driving mall crawler? This isn’t the Jeep I’ll be bringing to the trails, its pretty much going to be a general family use MC. Should I bother with C gussets and upgrading ball joints, and if so, do you know if this voids my factory warranty? I’m also curious what size 37’s would be as flush as possible to the Rubicon flares.

Thanks everyone,

Liam
For on road driving you will have to remove the rear lower splash guard inner fender. It is held in by 3 bolts and will take 2 minutes to remove. After that enjoy your trips to the mall. Below is a link to a thread I shared a pic of my Jeep with 37” before my lift came in

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/37s-on-stock-rims-2020-rubicon.71553/#post-1495996

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
For a mall crawler, gussets and upgraded ball joints would be extreme overkill. Save your money. You should be good with the Mopar lift, though.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

Thanks everyone,

Liam
I take it this is a non Rubi since you mention adding Rubi flares. Your height will fit 37s just fine. With the Mopar lift I would recommend a new front Adjustable Track Bar, and at minimum rear track bar brace to center your axles. As for the tire being flush it all depends on your wheels offset/backspacing. Too little and you will rub on lower control arms when turning tight. Here is pick of my Sport S with Rubi flares, 37x12.50s on a -12 offset/4.53 backspace wheel for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL 37’s on Unlimited Eco Diesel Mall Crawler 256BDF77-9DEC-40BC-BD65-B41F61A64919
Jeep Wrangler JL 37’s on Unlimited Eco Diesel Mall Crawler 849CF14B-2B14-4569-8354-45954C9AEBC1

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Everything you “need” is in that lift kit.
but it’s a Jeep, so you’ll probably do like me and be upgrading parts till the end just because you want to.
Either way, just have fun with it. There’s no need to go overboard. :jk:
Sponsored