3600 miles coolant leak, reservoir is empty

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
If I ever have to move my Jeep without driving it, I will go with the full car carrier. Just don't trust towing it on the road. But with a RV you do not have much of a choice...
It’s not hard, the wrangler is the #1 vehicle towed behind motorhomes. I pulled my Liberty 110,000 miles.
no problems, I will pull this one along way too.
Its the reason I went from the 2004 to the 2022.
Sponsored

3sportthing

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep unlimited rubicon (2.0L turbo)
The update: the dealer said the inlet hose worked it's way loose and they reattached it and applied a new clamp. They also said another Wrangler with 2,000 miles was likewise towed in the day before with the same issue. This might be something to keep an eye on - my JL was delivered in mid-November 2021 (currently has 3,600 miles).

On the aside, FCA roadside & customer care were deplorable. It has been the worst experience, to the point I was regretting my decision of buying a FCA product. I guess time will tell on that.

But thanks to this forum and its members for providing information and advice. 👍
Mine was delivered mid November 2021 too and I’m dealing with the same headache.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Where specifically is the leak? Maybe we can be proactive and check to prevent more occurrences

OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
Where specifically is the leak? Maybe we can be proactive and check to prevent more occurrences
The leak was at the inlet hose of the water pump. Per dealer invoice: "hose was not installed entirely" and they changed the clamp. However today at 5600 miles my Jeep is back at the dealer with the same issue. Service manager called and explained same issue has occurred but does not know why. Thermo housing was secure. Told to wait 2-5 days for part delivery.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Worm Clamp guys. Just do it, and stop screwing with the dealership. But, if you like wasting your time, then by all means, take it to the dealership. OMG, installing a clamp isn't rocket science!! Man up, and do some work yourself. Oh, top it off with distilled water. Unless it is 10°F outside, a little diluted coolant is no big deal.

Sponsored

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I just had this happen to my 22 JLUR 2.0T. Had it towed the the dealer Friday, got a rental for the weekend and I got a call around noon on Monday that it was fixed.

TSB 07-001-22 was the fix. They also cleaned up all the old coolant that had hardened on the underside of the Jeep. All is back to normal now.

Edit: Happened at 3200 miles.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I just had this happen to my 22 JLUR 2.0T. Had it towed the the dealer Friday, got a rental for the weekend and I got a call around noon on Monday that it was fixed.

TSB 07-001-22 was the fix. They also cleaned up all the old coolant that had hardened on the underside of the Jeep. All is back to normal now.

Edit: Happened at 3200 miles.
Thanks for the TSB #.

Booked an appointment at my local dealership, cited the TSB in the request. I'm at <30K miles, with pink crusties and some leakage.

They just called a few minutes ago, tried to tell me it was a $185 "diagnostic charge" for them to confirm that's the right TSB (which is refunded if it is, but is NOT refunded if it's not. Guess where their motivation lies...) *and* they're on a MINIMUM of a week backlog, and my Jeep has to be physically present to get in line - no loaners.

Already pinged @JeepCares - that's a joke for a ~1yr old vehicle with a documented warranty/TSB issue.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Thanks for the TSB #.

Booked an appointment at my local dealership, cited the TSB in the request. I'm at <30K miles, with pink crusties and some leakage.

They just called a few minutes ago, tried to tell me it was a $185 "diagnostic charge" for them to confirm that's the right TSB (which is refunded if it is, but is NOT refunded if it's not. Guess where their motivation lies...) *and* they're on a MINIMUM of a week backlog, and my Jeep has to be physically present to get in line - no loaners.

Already pinged @JeepCares - that's a joke for a ~1yr old vehicle with a documented warranty/TSB issue.
Fix it yourself.

Captain Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2023 Jeep Willys
So, is this for 2.0 turbo engines only? Or is the same thing happening/possible for the 3.6 non-Etorque engines?

OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
So, is this for 2.0 turbo engines only? Or is the same thing happening/possible for the 3.6 non-Etorque engines?
I have the 2.0T and from what I seen on these forums, it's been a 2.0T issue. But coolant leaks can happen on any engine.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It's the 2.0 and its the exact same leak location every time. Some dealerships still haven't figured this out and are ordering parts like idiots, causing delays. The bolts at the water pump inlet need to be removed, locktite applied, and retorqued. That is all.
Sponsored