Sponsored

3600 miles coolant leak, reservoir is empty

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Also check the fasteners that hold housings on, in case that leak is from above that hose. There was a leak issue on 2.0 T regarding fasteners being loose

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
That's a bad hose clamp, could be fixed in 5 minutes for $2.
Same thing happened to one of our Jeeps. Waited 3 hours for a tow, sat at the dealer for a week... 30 minute fix. If I had to do it all over, I would have fixed it myself in the parking lot where we were stranded.

OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
Also check the fasteners that hold housings on, in case that leak is from above that hose. There was a leak issue on 2.0 T regarding fasteners being loose
Ok, this could be a possibility. It's a tight space in there but the Jeep has not been started for over 24 hours and it had been slowly dripping all day. It is parked on a slight incline, front end lower than rear.

OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
The update: the dealer said the inlet hose worked it's way loose and they reattached it and applied a new clamp. They also said another Wrangler with 2,000 miles was likewise towed in the day before with the same issue. This might be something to keep an eye on - my JL was delivered in mid-November 2021 (currently has 3,600 miles).

On the aside, FCA roadside & customer care were deplorable. It has been the worst experience, to the point I was regretting my decision of buying a FCA product. I guess time will tell on that.

But thanks to this forum and its members for providing information and advice. 👍

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
On the aside, FCA roadside & customer care were deplorable. It has been the worst experience, to the point I was regretting my decision of buying a FCA product. I guess time will tell on that.
That's why we only have one Jeep now. Deplorable is a good description. If mine needed service like hers did multiple times, we'd probably have zero Jeeps.

Radar25

First Name
Reinaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Just happened to me today came out of a store and saw puddle under truck having it towed tues to dealer

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
Just happened to me today came out of a store and saw puddle under truck having it towed tues to dealer
How many miles on your Jeep? If you're dealing with FCA roadside I wish you the best of luck.

Radar25

First Name
Reinaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
How many miles on your Jeep? If you're dealing with FCA roadside I wish you the best of luck.
7000 aside from being 3 hours late roadside worked out they towed to dealer. And i dbl checked the drop off and good thing i did they were trying to drop it off at wrong dealer. Still no answer on cause or eta on repair

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
This happened to my 21 Sahara 2.0. I only had 3919 miles on it when it was flat towed to the dealership. My paperwork says they performed “TSB 07-001-22 tube water pump inlet pressure test cooling system and Retorque fasteners”.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Do you know if that is a "common issue"? For $2....jeez.
I would say no, not common at all. But stuff happens. Don't want to sound flippant, trust me my Jeep had been in the shop for 3 months in its first year. I understand the frustration.

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Don’t feel bad, My motorhome that cost mucho $$$ had a coolant leak. Look what my diesel mechanic found on my Freightliner Chassis.

Loose clamps everywhere

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Here's an interesting story about a guy who tried to tow his Jeep. Really sad story... https://www.foxnews.com/auto/rv-driver-blows-up-jeep-engine-towing
That's why you have a second person watch the Jeep as you pull away for a few feet to make sure the tires are free rolling. We have been doing it for 18 yrs. Also, it is very difficult to move the transfer case as described in the Jeep JL manual. The engine has to be off then you transfer it into neutral. Believe me, it’s very difficult to do because I already pulled my 2022 about 1700 miles behind my RV.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
That's why you have a second person watch the Jeep as you pull away for a few feet to make sure the tires are free rolling. We have been doing it for 18 yrs. Also, it is very difficult to move the transfer case as described in the Jeep JL manual. The engine has to be off then you transfer it into neutral. Believe me, it’s very difficult to do because I already pulled my 2022 about 1700 miles behind my RV.
If I ever have to move my Jeep without driving it, I will go with the full car carrier. Just don't trust towing it on the road. But with a RV you do not have much of a choice...
Sponsored