First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Realizing this thread is kind of old, I was wondering what the latest thought is toward this wheel? I have a set on order but the post about the bolts and everyone’s post about the weight of this wheel has me concerned. I do have another wheel in mind by Mopar, its only 29 lbs and hub centric, just doesn’t look as good as the Matte Gold DT-1.

From this thread and others I have read, almost everyone seems to wish they had got a different wheel because of the weight. so I wanted to ask for user input before committing to these wheels. I appreciate your replies. Thanks.
Buy a different wheel. Look at my place previous threads here on Why. I will say I've swapped out rings a lot and NEVER had a problem with stripping. I think the guy who posted the video cause the damage himself.
Sponsored

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Buy a different wheel. Look at my place previous threads here on Why. I will say I've swapped out rings a lot and NEVER had a problem with stripping. I think the guy who posted the video cause the damage himself.
Thanks for your reply... general consensus seems everyone likes the wheels but does not like the weight...

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I have them and I'm happy with my choice. I haven't noticed a huge difference on weight from my JKUR 35's and 17X9's.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I have them and I'm happy with my choice. I haven't noticed a huge difference on weight from my JKUR 35's and 17X9's.
I'll bet you never weighed either wheel before installing tire. Those are some heavy ass wheel's and not good for your Axel's when wheeling hard.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet you never weighed either wheel before installing tire. Those are some heavy ass wheel's and not good for your Axel's when wheeling hard.
It is amazing to me how little weight is considered when looking at wheels and/or tires. Even strength seems to be ignored by a large number. It is almost always about achieving a look.

Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
They don't feel any heavier than the ones I ran on my JK. I just made sure the wheel and tire combined weight didn't cause an issue with my tailgate. 🤷

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
What size of tire do you plan on running? If you're going with 35 - 37 4.5" backspacing is probably what you'll want. 38s or larger most people I think are running 3.5". Also I prefer the wide stance look.
Hey Rustys,

I'm considering going with the -38mm because I too like the wide stance look......I'm only on 35s and about 3 inches of lift, so do you think this would look goofy/should I opt for the -12mm instead? Currently running a -12mm setup and I like it, just wanted a little bit more poke and some input from somebody who has experience with the -38mm offset. Thanks.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Hey Rustys,

I'm considering going with the -38mm because I too like the wide stance look......I'm only on 35s and about 3 inches of lift, so do you think this would look goofy/should I opt for the -12mm instead? Currently running a -12mm setup and I like it, just wanted a little bit more poke and some input from somebody who has experience with the -38mm offset. Thanks.
Hopefully you can see them this time. I've posted 3 times and the photos never show up.

Tennjeeper

First Name
Delson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door.
Vehicle Showcase
35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17x9 Dirty Life Wheels and no lift.

A7246BD7-7547-4666-8D04-FDC06E3724C1.jpeg

085D2CB4-97A2-40F1-82D0-B38E18CE04CA.jpeg

C2C5F7B2-EEE5-4DB2-BEE2-119C6C4D68DF.jpeg

Sponsored

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
@Rusty....Nice looking wheels. What is your offset? I purchased the Magnus 423b 20x10 -25mm wrapped with 35’s Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I was wondering how my stance will look compared to yours. Mine won’t arrive until next week, and the Mopar lift will be installed along with the new wheels&tires. Thanks in advance.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
@Rusty....Nice looking wheels. What is your offset? I purchased the Magnus 423b 20x10 -25mm wrapped with 35’s Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I was wondering how my stance will look compared to yours. Mine won’t arrive until next week, and the Mopar lift will be installed along with the new wheels&tires. Thanks in advance.
3.5" backspacing. Curious why are you going with the Mopar lift?

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
3.5" backspacing. Curious why are you going with the Mopar lift?
I was lead to believe if I go with any other lift than Mopar that it would void my lifetime warranty.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Starting to gear up to order tires/ wheels. Really liking/ leaning toward the DT-1's. Does anyone know if you can reuse the factory lug nuts or do you need new ones? thanks!

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Starting to gear up to order tires/ wheels. Really liking/ leaning toward the DT-1's. Does anyone know if you can reuse the factory lug nuts or do you need new ones? thanks!
I don't think they will fit, they are huge. I ordered some black splined ones that look much better.
Sponsored