Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to mention this here. I'm actually returning my wheels that I got a few weeks ago back to the manufacturer. I took the bolts off of the simulated beadlocks and I found that in some wheels, more than HALF of the bolts were stripped, or the threads in the wheels stripped. I'm not saying they're all like ths, but I would caution and reccomend people check these threads out before mounting any tires on.

20190915_081745.jpg

20190915_084641.jpg

MVIMG_20190915_081654.jpg

MVIMG_20190915_081701.jpg
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

holy mother of pearl those wheels are heavy! i thought 30lbs was too much. 40lbs?! that's almost double what my wheel weighs. i had to remove my 315 spare today to swap out a flat. it was fun trying to lift that sucker back on the tailgate. i cant imagine adding another 20lbs. :whew:

they are good looking wheels. but not worth that weight penalty imo. and now the issue with the bolts? steel bolts into aluminum threads.....:bandit: unless they put helicoils in the wheels. strange that the bolt is damaged and not the threads.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
holy mother of pearl those wheels are heavy! i thought 30lbs was too much. 40lbs?! that's almost double what my wheel weighs. i had to remove my 315 spare today to swap out a flat. it was fun trying to lift that sucker back on the tailgate. i cant imagine adding another 20lbs. :whew:

they are good looking wheels. but not worth that weight penalty imo. and now the issue with the bolts? steel bolts into aluminum threads.....:bandit: unless they put helicoils in the wheels. strange that the bolt is damaged and not the threads.
Hutchinson's are Juuust over 50lbs but they're the only DOT approved beadlock.

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Im a dick? you can't google proper backspacing for a 35 inch tire on a JL? Its same as the JK 4.5 is ideal for that tire size just make sure you have a rubicon or a lift on sport / sahara
Yes, you are a dick. I'd be willing to bet that if I searched your history you'd have a few my lift is better then your lift or those (insert mod/equipment/brand) suck but never had them posts.
Once again....Dick

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Yes, you are a dick. I'd be willing to bet that if I searched your history you'd have a few my lift is better then your lift or those (insert mod/equipment/brand) suck but never had them posts.
Once again....Dick
Holy delayed smack down BatMan!! That dood hasn’t logged in since last December.

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
@x7tristan @Warpath How are you guys still liking these wheels? Have them at the top of my list at the moment.
They look cool enough, and are strong as F, but I have yet to beadlock mount. The previous thread regarding the stripped bolts has me a little concerned.

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
Cutting through the negativity in the thread I just wanted to say (as a 4 door owner) that your Jeep looks perfect. When I think of “Jeep” I think 2 door, modest lift, with nice wheels and chunky tires. Looks great man!

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
@x7tristan @Warpath How are you guys still liking these wheels? Have them at the top of my list at the moment.
I like them but I would have probably bought different wheels had I known how heavy these are. I can't believe I watched the weight of tires and didn't even think to look at the weight of the wheels. Also the finish on the wheels is extremely thin and damages easily.

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
With the 38s.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35's with Dirty Life wheels no lift MVIMG_20190915_081701
Wow, what is the material on the rash ring? Metal or Plastic? Also I love that you can paint it. Also, lots of people on here are saying 50lbs for the weight, but the quadratec site says 33lbs shipping weight.....weird. haha.

Sponsored

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with their "Matte Gold". Found them online for $258 CAD (it was a mistake I snatched up real quick), and could not be happier with the result!!

35" Cooper STT Pro's on Dirty Life DT2's.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35's with Dirty Life wheels no lift MVIMG_20190915_081701
How did you like the STTs in the Ontario/Canadian winter?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Wow, what is the material on the rash ring? Metal or Plastic? Also I love that you can paint it. Also, lots of people on here are saying 50lbs for the weight, but the quadratec site says 33lbs shipping weight.....weird. haha.
Those were the plastic rings I painted. I was going to Powdercoat the alloy rings but decided to just paint those too. When I tear them up wheeling I can just spray them again. The wheels are HEAVY! About 42 pounds per wheel and the metal rings weight close to 4 pounds each.

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those were the plastic rings I painted. I was going to Powdercoat the alloy rings but decided to just paint those too. When I tear them up wheeling I can just spray them again. The wheels are HEAVY! About 42 pounds per wheel and the metal rings weight close to 4 pounds each.
You just unsold me. :( Back to searching for something I like again....

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
You just unsold me. :( Back to searching for something I like again....
Yeah I said earlier that I blew it buying these. They're way too heavy. If I was putting them on a full size truck it might be different.

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Realizing this thread is kind of old, I was wondering what the latest thought is toward this wheel? I have a set on order but the post about the bolts and everyone’s post about the weight of this wheel has me concerned. I do have another wheel in mind by Mopar, its only 29 lbs and hub centric, just doesn’t look as good as the Matte Gold DT-1.

From this thread and others I have read, almost everyone seems to wish they had got a different wheel because of the weight. so I wanted to ask for user input before committing to these wheels. I appreciate your replies. Thanks.
Sponsored