35's with Dirty Life wheels no lift

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The Dirty Life wheels are nice looking and it is cool that the tires can be mounted standard or beadlock.

I spoke to a rep at Dirty Life about the wheels. The 17x9 come in at about 50 pounds. Super heavy! Is the jeep feeling it?
That can't be correct, that's a ridiculous figure. The mopar beadlock is 26lbs without the metal beadlock ring, unless the DT1 is made from granite, it can't be double the mopar wheel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That can't be correct, that's a ridiculous figure. The mopar beadlock is 26lbs without the metal beadlock ring, unless the DT1 is made from granite, it can't be double the mopar wheel.
I called Dirty Life directly and asked. I even clarified by asking if this was the weight of the 17x9 after he told me. Give them a call.

OP
OP
Warpath

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Dirty Life directly and asked. I even clarified by asking if this was the weight of the 17x9 after he told me. Give them a call.
I believe YOU, that that's what you were told, but it wouldn't be the first time someone working for a company had no idea what they are selling....ever walk into a Jeep dealer? lol. These were the wheels I was going with, but if they weight figure is legit without a beadlock ring, then it's out and I will go with the mopar wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Warpath

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe YOU, that that's what you were told, but it wouldn't be the first time someone working for a company had no idea what they are selling....ever walk into a Jeep dealer? lol. These were the wheels I was going with, but if they weight figure is legit without a beadlock ring, then it's out and I will go with the mopar wheel.
They have two rings you can use. Beadlock and non beadlock. (Which I'm sure you knew) just an fyi for everyone else.
Screenshot_20180802-144924_Chrome.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did know...I asked them on instagram, and they said with the plastic ring it's "about 40lbs."

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Im a dick? you can't google proper backspacing for a 35 inch tire on a JL? Its same as the JK 4.5 is ideal for that tire size just make sure you have a rubicon or a lift on sport / sahara
People come here for answers and to discuss Wrangler topics this guy's question is what this fourm is all about. If you knew the answer you could of helped but you took another road to mock him. Just let that sink in to show you what kind of person you are.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Try giving them a call. Maybe you will get a different rep. If he was wrong, and they are lighter, I would be interested in them. They are a nice looking wheel, however at 50 lbs+, I wouldn't do it.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try giving them a call. Maybe you will get a different rep. If he was wrong, and they are lighter, I would be interested in them. They are a nice looking wheel, however at 50 lbs+, I wouldn't do it.
With the plastic ring, their instagram person told me "around 40lbs"....so with the real beadlock ring, 50 sounds about right. Still a heavy wheel, especially compared to my sports car wheels at 19lbs or less lol.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
With the plastic ring, their instagram person told me "around 40lbs"....so with the real beadlock ring, 50 sounds about right. Still a heavy wheel, especially compared to my sports car wheels at 19lbs or less lol.
I didn't see your post before mine. Makes sense. The guy on the phone told me 46 pounds and probably over 50 with the bolts and ring. Super heavy. I'm sure it is great/strong for rock crawling but my offroading is limited to mud and snow.

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
None whatsoever. Now, I have not fully articulated the suspension, but for everyday driving, turning full lock to lock, no rubbing at all. My offset is -12 or 4.5 of backspacing.
Tire
35x12.50x20
Wheel
20x10 -18 offset

Anyone have any idea of what this setup would do with a -18 offset? Can't get a straight answer out of anyone on this. Dealer says they "think it will rub". When I post about it elsewhere... I hear crickets. Anyone here have a clue?

OP
OP
Warpath

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tire
35x12.50x20
Wheel
20x10 -18 offset

Anyone have any idea of what this setup would do with a -18 offset? Can't get a straight answer out of anyone on this. Dealer says they "think it will rub". When I post about it elsewhere... I hear crickets. Anyone here have a clue?
I think your going to be just fine. I even had 1.5" spacers on when the dealership first put my -12 offset wheels on. Man it looked like a roller skate but it didn't rub lock to lock. The circumference of the wheel/tires is going to be the same, so no issue there either.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't see your post before mine. Makes sense. The guy on the phone told me 46 pounds and probably over 50 with the bolts and ring. Super heavy. I'm sure it is great/strong for rock crawling but my offroading is limited to mud and snow.
Now Im trying to figure out if the 26lb figure for the mopar wheels is accurate.

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Great looking wheels!

Get ready to start washing that jeep everyday. ;)
I have -12 wheels on my jeep as well...the amount of dirt kicked up is ridiculous....
Sponsored