35s tires and Spacer Lift Done Toady

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
So I had this done today and it seems like the gears are off. It almost seems like it’s not in the correct gear when driving. Is this normal because the speedometer has not yet been adjusted or something else. I wasn’t sure if this is normal and the jeep will adjust on its own. It a Sport JL.
Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
So I had this done today and it seems like the gears are off. It almost seems like it’s not in the correct gear when driving. Is this normal because the speedometer has not yet been adjusted or something else. I wasn’t sure if this is normal and the jeep will adjust on its own. It a Sport JL.
I will assume you have a 8spd Auto. Once you re-calibrate for the larger tires, the trans should shift at the correct rpm. Measure the actual tire diameter. A 35in is really not 35in. LOL

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I will assume you have a 8spd Auto. Once you re-calibrate for the larger tires, the trans should shift at the correct rpm. Measure the actual tire diameter. A 35in is really not 35in. LOL
Not always, my 35’s are a true 35” for example.

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I just got 35” tires put on today and a 2” lift too. Mine is a 6-speed and feels ok, a little bit sluggish compared to before, but a great ride. I’m getting the speedometer adjusted next week, but think I’ll need to regear too.

Worth it though! I love it!

OP
OP

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Yeah, it is an 8spd auto, and hoping the the recal for tire helps. Order the Flash Cal.

Sponsored

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
General Grabber X3.
How do you like the X3s? I am running Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 but they are a bit slippery in snow/ice plus they as loud as a high end mud tire.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the X3s? I am running Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 but they are a bit slippery in snow/ice plus they as loud as a high end mud tire.
They are a heavy tire and you will feel them on the highway but the quietest mud tire I’ve ever had. I’ve taken them over the McKinney side of the Rubicon when it was packed in snow earlier this season, they worked great. I’m not sure how they will perform once winter begins, but tire rack shows good, for a mud tire, winter performance.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They are a heavy tire and you will feel them on the highway but the quietest mud tire I’ve ever had. I’ve taken them over the McKinney side of the Rubicon when it was packed in snow earlier this season, they worked great. I’m not sure how they will perform once winter begins, but tire rack shows good, for a mud tire, winter performance.
Thanks.

The weight does give me pause as does the E rating. How harsh are they or are you running them at a lower PSI for a smoother ride?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Likely feeling the effects of your axle gearing being too high. I have 4.10 gears in my rubicon with 35’s and I want to regear. Would be even worse with the 3.45 gears in yours.
So with the 35’s on your Rubicon, at, lets say 70 mph, does it now tach at a lower or higher rpm than it did before when you had the 33” tires?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So with the 35’s on your Rubicon, at, lets say 70 mph, does it now tach at a lower or higher rpm than it did before when you had the 33” tires?
In the same gear, it’s lower rpms
Sponsored