35s on Stock Rubicon Wheels(newbie)

glenville

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl
So I like the stock Rubicon Wheels....already have 2.5 inch lift....Would like to go to 35's......Not sure which tires to go with.....was looking at the nitto grapplers, or the goodyear duratrac or the KO2s.....So from those with experience, any rubbing issues with this size on stock wheels? And I would love to here some feedback from those who have used these brand and your thoughts, if possible......Thank you for your time...…

Rob
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So I like the stock Rubicon Wheels....already have 2.5 inch lift....Would like to go to 35's......Not sure which tires to go with.....was looking at the nitto grapplers, or the goodyear duratrac or the KO2s.....So from those with experience, any rubbing issues with this size on stock wheels? And I would love to here some feedback from those who have used these brand and your thoughts, if possible......Thank you for your time...…

Rob
285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers no issues on my sport with Rubicon wheels. With my 2.5” lift I could run 37s with different wheels or spacers.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU

Rob
Why not go to 37’s ? If you have the Rubicon flares, look into American Adventure Labs. You can do a fender chop, and never have to worry about rubbing again. With Rubicon flares and 2 1/2” lift and the AAL kit you can go to 37’s. I’m doing no lift and 35’s. Love the look and I have NO rubbing issues. At least check them out.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody is doing the 315's on stock 7.5 inch wheels even though 315's should have a minimum 8" wide wheel. They are also really only 34" tall. Personally I think the side walls look weird being sucked in that much. It also makes the tire have a crown or bulge out in the center of the tread so watching your PSI is important to keep thread wear even.
Sponsored