mjaffe13

First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude Tuscadero
Vehicle Showcase
My Sahara will be delivered to the dealership I work at in about two weeks. I was thinking about putting 35s on it when it comes in so it’s taller. I can’t put a lift on it yet since it’ll void my warranty. Anyone know if the tires will rub? I had a 2008 rubicon with 35s and they definitely rubbed. Just want to be prepared with tires so they can be put on when it arrives. Also, what kind of tires would you recommend? Thanks !!
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
My Sahara will be delivered to the dealership I work at in about two weeks. I was thinking about putting 35s on it when it comes in so it’s taller. I can’t put a lift on it yet since it’ll void my warranty. Anyone know if the tires will rub? I had a 2008 rubicon with 35s and they definitely rubbed. Just want to be prepared with tires so they can be put on when it arrives. Also, what kind of tires would you recommend? Thanks !!
See this thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/delivered-1-16-18.3004/#post-53670

OP
OP
mjaffe13

mjaffe13

First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why would a lift void your Warranty? If that's what your dealer is telling you, you need a new dealer.

I don’t know entirely if it will, but my father is helping me pay for it so the first couple years regardless I cannot put a lift on it

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
35x12.50s will def rub, especially with stock backspaced rims. Rubicons are the only trim that can hold a 35 straight from the factory without modification.

They will rub your bumper in the front no doubt, control arms most likely, they might be too large for the stock fender wells and just rub all the time. So trimming fenders and front bumper would be involved at a minimum (and the rear bumper based on what i saw in person at the recent auto show), with fender removal and new rims as a likely scenario.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I would get a set of the Rubicon fenders from the parts catalog and then put on Toyo AT IIs in 285/75/18 on stock wheels. They are 35s but roughly 11" wide.

OP
OP
mjaffe13

mjaffe13

First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
35x12.50s will def rub, especially with stock backspaced rims. Rubicons are the only trim that can hold a 35 straight from the factory without modification.

They will rub your bumper in the front no doubt, control arms most likely, they might be too large for the stock fender wells and just rub all the time. So trimming fenders and front bumper would be involved at a minimum (and the rear bumper based on what i saw in person at the recent auto show), with fender removal and new rims as a likely scenario.

So even with that spacer thing that comes out between the bumper and fenders it will still rub without that?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would say yes when turning, this is why the JK community would sawzall the ends of their plastic bumpers off, and although the JL is improved, theres still not any more significant room between the tires and bumper than there was on the JK even with that piece removed. You said Sahara though, so unless you are referring to something different, your Sahara will not come with that removable air flow thingy in the front like the Sport models do.

OP
OP
mjaffe13

mjaffe13

First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would get a set of the Rubicon fenders from the parts catalog and then put on Toyo AT IIs in 285/75/18 on stock wheels. They are 35s but roughly 11" wide.
Yeah that’s my problem, I didn’t want to put so much aftermarket on it right when getting it. Seems like I may have to wait a little bit to do anything to it

Sponsored

OP
OP
mjaffe13

mjaffe13

First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would say yes when turning, this is why the JK community would sawzall the ends of their plastic bumpers off, and although the JL is improved, theres still not any more significant room between the tires and bumper than there was on the JK even with that piece removed. You said Sahara though, so unless you are referring to something different, your Sahara will not come with that removable air flow thingy in the front like the Sport models do.

Really? I could’ve sworn they all had it! News to me haha

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that’s my problem, I didn’t want to put so much aftermarket on it right when getting it. Seems like I may have to wait a little bit to do anything to it
If you want bigger tires just go with some 33x10.50s and trim just a tad bit if necessary. But 35s are a huge stretch to fit without a lift.

33x10.50x17 is kind of limited but closest metric equivalent is 255/80r17

OP
OP
mjaffe13

mjaffe13

First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say put on the 35's and report back.
I want too! Just don’t have the money to keep doing modifications if it doesn’t work out & then having to buy tires again. I’m very stressed out about this whole tire thing as is lol

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I want too! Just don’t have the money to keep doing modifications if it doesn’t work out & then having to buy tires again. I’m very stressed out about this whole tire thing as is lol
It will fit, if you don't mind not turning your wheel all the way.
Sponsored