Sponsored

35s/12.5 on stock 18 wheels (eventual lift)?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m looking really close at the DC EXP in 295/70/18 and saving my 17’s for MT’s. They are 34.4” tall and weigh...61 lbs. I’ve always liked the ST Maxx’s tread except for the sidewall and they’re HEAVY. Well, the tread is extremely similar. With the two channels, it should do well in rain. The Tacoma forum people speak highly of these fwiw. Not a popular tire but it might be worth a look. My only hesitation, like with the TOYO AT III is sidewall strength. I’m still going to wait to see what MT does with a Baja Boss AT coming out.
Sponsored

Davelsj

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited sport
Facing the same dilemma right now. Don't want to change my rims but want to go 35" (Cooper Discoverer STT Pros) and already have a 2.5" lift. I have warmed up to extensions, but now almost all the shops say they are trouble, and some wont even put them on. Desperate for a clear answer, fit or not fit, rub or no rub, extensions or no extensions, with no off-roading plans.
I have 295/70r18s on stock sahara rims. The diameter is 34.3. 2in rustys lift. No rubbing at all so far on or off road. That size tire is about 11.6 inches wide and that seems to make a big difference over the 12.5 inch tires when it comes to rubbing.

JeeP3R$

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Facing the same dilemma right now. Don't want to change my rims but want to go 35" (Cooper Discoverer STT Pros) and already have a 2.5" lift. I have warmed up to extensions, but now almost all the shops say they are trouble, and some wont even put them on. Desperate for a clear answer, fit or not fit, rub or no rub, extensions or no extensions, with no off-roading plans.
Sponsored