Sponsored

35" Toyo Open Country M/T Load Range C2?

ivorykid

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does anyone have any experience with the Toyo Open Country M/T 315/70r17 in the C2 load range (113 load index) on a JLUR? A C load range seems to be pretty rare in the 35" category, and I've read a lot of people claiming that a C load range would be ideal for a wrangler. Is this true? The 113 load index equates to 2535 lbs carrying capacity and the C2 load range means 6 ply equivalent construction with a max pressure of 35 psi (according to Discount/America's Tire). That seems like enough capacity for a JLU. But I was thrown off by the maximum load pressure of 35 psi. I understand that most people are running pressures quite a bit lower than 35 psi in 35s, so it seems like a non-issue.

Would there be any concerns with using this tire on a daily driver with weekend warrior trail duties? The 113Q is currently $20 cheaper than the 121Q at Americas Tire.
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Initial cost isn’t where you will save as much money as mpg. The weights aren’t listed on their website but I would guess the c load range is significantly lighter and will save you mpg’s if you were to run them. Toyo mt’s are some of the heaviest tires made in their e range but they also wear the slowest as well.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The Toyo 315/70r17 C M/T weighs @ 76 lbs, still one of the heavier 315 tires despite the lighter load range.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I am looking at this tire also. Seems like a sold choice
Sponsored