35" TIRES ON STOCK SAHARA With 18" Rims

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
With Rubicon takeoff suspension (61/62, 90/91) it’s approximately stock Rubicon height up front after adding 3/4” Daystar spacers up to offset sag from the winch and bumper. 3/4” spacers out back. With the heavy spare (98 lbs), recovery boards mounted inside, Blackout kit … the rear also sagged after the tires were put on to where it is less than 1/4” higher than the front. So 1/4” or less of rake. I’m working on that now.

Stock Sahara upgrade wheels

Custom Bora 1” spacers all around. That’s as thin as you can go because the factory studs protrude .410” from the spacer when mounted. The factory wheels have pockets that can accept as much as approximately 3/4” of protrusion by the factory studs. These big side biters rubbed on the lower control arms when the steering wheel was locked to the right or left before the spacers. Nothing now. The spacers were about $230.

I’ve not been off-road or disconnected yet. If there is any contact with the fender liners, it should be minor with the spacers on there.
Thanks! Do you think you would have had rubbing problems without the side lugs on the tires? We’re going with Nitto Terra Grapplers that are a little less aggressive
Sponsored

Mcjeep80

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler unlimited sport s
Thanks! Do you think you would have had rubbing problems without the side lugs on the tires? We’re going with Nitto Terra Grapplers that are a little less aggressive
I run the nitto terra grapplers at 285/75/17 on my 2020 sport s at stack height

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I run the nitto terra grapplers at 285/75/17 on my 2020 sport s at stack height
That’s definitely the size we would run if it didn’t have 18s on it. Tire selection SUCKS for 18s. Almost everything is load range E for HD trucks

Mcjeep80

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler unlimited sport s
That’s definitely the size we would run if it didn’t have 18s on it. Tire selection SUCKS for 18s. Almost everything is load range E for HD trucks
285/70/17 is what I meant

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
If you have a smooth sidewall it might not is my guess. It was a little more than slight rubbing with my tires.

Sponsored

I'm new to this

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Hey all--
wanting to upgrade my tires to 35" AT. was looking at the KO2s but sites are saying they wont fit the vehicle. Wondering where the hell to start with research. Do you need to replace rims as well usually when getting bigger tires? Will I need a lift? if so, which should i get....yadda yadda.

Thanks in advance
If it's 12.5 width, they won't fit since Sahara's 18" stock wheels doesn't have the right offset or back spacing. It's gonna look funny anyway - trust me! My advice is, don't do it! You're going to spend $$$$ on 34" tires and you're gonna want to change to better wheels then wish you had opted with the much wider 35"s instead.
Big tires and no - offset (stock wheels) isn't a good look.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
It's gonna look funny anyway - trust me! My advice is, don't do it! You're going to spend $$$$ on 34" tires and you're gonna want to change to better wheels then wish you had opted with the much wider 35"s instead.
Big tires and no - offset (stock wheels) isn't a good look.
I think this statement is personal preference. I ran 285/75/17 on my JK with OEM wheels and it looked great. My preference is for the tires to be contained within the fender flares. Here is a BA Gladiator that has a 2.5" EVO lift and 285/75/18 tires on Black Rhino Wheels that are 18x8 with a +30 offset. 285/75/18 is a 35" tire at 11.5" wide.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" TIRES ON STOCK SAHARA With 18" Rims BhVahxPOSKGIoe0cn10x%A

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" TIRES ON STOCK SAHARA With 18" Rims iiFEVFGISCqaid2A%9hIHw

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" TIRES ON STOCK SAHARA With 18" Rims tdb3lBBITyiYZdiB6yKVgw
Sponsored