First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Was looking at those same tires but wasn't sure how the E rating would ride vs the C rated in the same size.
I have E rated Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T in a 315/70R17 and they ride pretty good while running 28PSI cold. Tire shop put 35PSI in at first and it was somewhat rough. Its a noticeably smoother ride at 28 PSI and the tire makes a bit better contact across the tread.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I believe the Rubicon model has some additional structural components that allow for 35s to be added, with no reinforcement
I inspected that at pick up and looked real solid
Plus kept same size wheel as factory, possibly saved weight
I was Shocked service guy was able to get the 3rd brake light over tire even higher
If I had moved to 37s & 18 wheels....then yes i would have reinforcement
Unfortunately, you'd be mistaken. Only the XR models get the reinforced gate. In saying that. You'll be fine with that 35 back there. I ran a 106# combo for a while before I bought my carrier.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I believe the Rubicon model has some additional structural components that allow for 35s to be added, with no reinforcement
I inspected that at pick up and looked real solid
Plus kept same size wheel as factory, possibly saved weight
I was Shocked service guy was able to get the 3rd brake light over tire even higher
If I had moved to 37s & 18 wheels....then yes i would have reinforcement
Stock carrier? and the tire cleared the bumper? Metal or plastic? I tried to measure the remaining space yesterday and got about 3/4 in but need .85 in (34.5 - 32.8 = 1.7 ) 🤷🏼‍♂️

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Unfortunately, you'd be mistaken. Only the XR models get the reinforced gate. In saying that. You'll be fine with that 35 back there. I ran a 106# combo for a while before I bought my carrier.
Good to know, have decided on 59 lb Toyo’s so I got a simple RC relocation plate without considering it’s weight (15lbs) will be about the same weight total, my brain fart doesn’t hurt as much now. 😊

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Good to know, have decided on 59 lb Toyo’s so I got a simple RC relocation plate without considering it’s weight (15lbs) will be about the same weight total, my brain fart doesn’t hurt as much now. 😊
Ya, if someone is doing a lot of offroad, I wouldn't leave the stock carrier on long but I didn't have any issues in the time I had it like that. I also have the aluminium block thing for the gate to hold it nice and solid.
Sponsored