jeepfinity

jeepfinity

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
If you don't already have an aftermarket trackbar, I'd recommend you get one. My experience is that the SteerSmarts Yeti Pro with polyurethane bushings, is stiff enough to remove most/all wandering and any delayed steering response. There are probably others, which others can attest to.

After that, balljoints are probably the next most common issue. Dynatrac balljoints tightened up my steering and eliminated a shimmy.

I think you'll get the most bang for your buck with those two changes.
here we go 😆

falcon stabilizer - installed
Front LCA TeraFlexSuspensions Ir : ordered
Trackbar let me check that
steering box aluminum ? Have to check - assuming no but Jeep Built 9/20 as a model ‘21
Exact Center - what about this thing?
Ball joints and lift - on backlog
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeepfinity

jeepfinity

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I have found both of our JL's handled the best at 7⁰ or slightly more in the caster department regardless of tire or lift size. The Mopar LCAs are the cheap way to get better caster but won't get enough for my liking even at stock height. Any adjustable front lowers will suffice and allow you to experiment with what YOU prefer handling wise. I wouldn't waste money on an alignment as the only thing that's adjustable on a stock JL is toe and you haven't changed that. It's easy to check caster with an angle finder in your driveway and there are even free phone apps for that. I think a lot of people would be happier with their Jeeps if they put the money they've given to alignment shops to do nothing for them into a set of quality adjustable lowers and adjusted their caster to what they personally prefer.
Thanks . Went ahead and ordered some adjustable front Lca’s. Will come in handy for a future lift regardless.

MuddyTJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2DR
Have 2021 rubicon - completely stock except i put 35's (Nitto ridge grapplers & 17x9 wheels) on it. On stock 33's road drive was 'OK' in that it has the constant steer correction, but after putting these new wheels/tires the jeep wanders and feels extremely sloppy on the road. I put a Falcon steering stabilizer (nexus 2.2) on it, and set it to firm which helped a bit, but large dead center on it and very unpleasant driving experience. Any suggestions on making this better, or is this normal with larger tires?
I’d also suggest the following recal procedure, easy to do and fixed a similar issue on my old JL and several others.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...as-play-and-drifts.3691/page-406#post-1148297
Sponsored