Sponsored

35 spline RCV axle install help

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So I'm getting around to doing my RCV install. This is the 35 spline version going into a Rubicon axle with the 35 spline ARB locker. A couple things...

I called RCV and he said to use only the included axle seals. The factory ones don't fit because the 35 spline axles are too fat. That makes sense to me. However, he also wasn't very familiar with this setup. So it leaves me with some doubts.

As I understand it, these 2 seals are outboard (correct me if I'm wrong) and sit right behind the orange boot, inside the axle housing. Again, all other oil seals are deleted.

Does this sound right to you guys? I'm find doing it that way, I just want to make 100% sure there isnt some missing inner seals I should be installing.

BTW, this kit came with zero instructions, and there is next to no (almost none at all) information on the 35 spline RCV install on the internet.

These are the two included oil seals

IMG_6164.jpg
Sponsored

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
BTW, this kit came with zero instructions, and there is next to no (almost none at all) information on the 35 spline RCV install on the internet.
sounds like they owe you stuff
https://www.rcvperformance.com/ultimate-dana-44-axle-cv-set-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-35-arb.html

at the bottom
Axle set includes right and left CV axle shafts, outer stubs, SST seals and installation tool, installation instructions, synthetic moly grease, and installation hardware. Black oxide coating is standard. Optional nickel plating is available for extra corrosion resistance in salty environments - contact us for details

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Contact East Coast Gear Supply. They have done this swap and found the correct axle seals to make it work. 919-672-2705

OP
OP

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Contact East Coast Gear Supply. They have done this swap and found the correct axle seals to make it work. 919-672-2705
So did today. The guy was super helpful. Took my number and said he wanted to go talk to the engineering guys to make sure I get what I needed. He called me back and sold me 2 inner axle seals.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
So did today. The guy was super helpful. Took my number and said he wanted to go talk to the engineering guys to make sure I get what I needed. He called me back and sold me 2 inner axle seals.
East Coast Gears is where I have bought all of my axle stuff and they are a great supplier. Will @ ECGS has worked with me a number of times and has always had my best interest in mind.
Sponsored