First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
We have a 2018 Rubicon and have a Dynatrac EnduraSport lift kit incoming.
We live in Los Angeles and our driving is regular roads and off-road desert exploration (general scrambling rather than serious rock crawling).

I'm upgrading from the stock 33" tires to 35"to go with the lift and have a few requirements:

All Terrain (not interested in Mud Terrain).
Not heavy.
Fit on stock wheels without spacers etc.
Same width as stock 33" tires.

The tires that fit the bill (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are the Toyo 35X11.50R17

Before I bite the bullet and order the Toyo's, I thought I'd see if anyone here has any alternative options I may have missed - preferably something that's actually available vs backordered etc as we plan another desert excursion soon.

Any insight much appreciated.
Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Honestly the Toyo's sound like the best tire for your stated needs, pretty sure it's the lightest you're going to find. I'm running Nitto Trail Grappler in that size and there's not much selection.

If you step up to 18" wheels from a Sahara (JK wheels would work too) there are a lot more options in 285/75R18 but they are all at least 10 lbs. heavier and load range E. There is also a 37x11.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler that you should seriously consider, larger tires soak up rough desert terrain better...

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Did you use wheel spacers or did they fit without any rubbing?

Regards,
Jim

Sponsored

Linus

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR
Or go for goodyear wrangler mtr in size 275/80R17

OP
OP
Lustmord

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Honestly the Toyo's sound like the best tire for your stated needs, pretty sure it's the lightest you're going to find. I'm running Nitto Trail Grappler in that size and there's not much selection.
Yea, it's what I'm thinking, but it's good to get some additional input in case I've missed anything obvious.
Thanks.

If you step up to 18" wheels from a Sahara (JK wheels would work too) there are a lot more options in 285/75R18 but they are all at least 10 lbs. heavier and load range E. There is also a 37x11.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler that you should seriously consider, larger tires soak up rough desert terrain better...
As per the OP I have a Rubicon and also I'm not looking to change the wheels (and like the idea of the sidewall afforded by 17") - thanks though!

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Much thanks!
- love how you "just happened" to have photos on hand (smile)
I actually pulled the Jeep out of the garage and took them after you asked! Itā€™s a Jeep thing, and Iā€™m sure you understand. šŸ˜