Sponsored

35 Inche BFGoodrich Tires on stock spareTire carrier?

JD Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
You didn't say which JL you've got which might be the confusion. If you have a Rubicon, yes those tires will fit on the stock tire carrier with the stock plastic bumper. I added the reinforcement kit to support the added weight but I did not need the tire relocation kit. The 35's fit just fine. The only thing you'll have to do is raise the third-brake light up ( look at how it's bolted on and you'll understand what to do ). If you need visual evidence you can see my setup here.
Hey Wrangled,

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue, and need to raise my third-light a little. Did you replace the two up-rights with longer pieces, or just not use the bottom screws of the bracket? Meaning - instead of using the four screws, you just lifted the up-rights, and only two screws.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Hey Wrangled,

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue, and need to raise my third-light a little. Did you replace the two up-rights with longer pieces, or just not use the bottom screws of the bracket? Meaning - instead of using the four screws, you just lifted the up-rights, and only two screws.
Just lift it up and use 2 screws. It worked for me with 35’s.

JD Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Just lift it up and use 2 screws. It worked for me with 35’s.
Thanks, Mike! That's what I was considering, but I didn't know how solid it would be. How long have you had you're that way?

I might also try to find some square tubing and build two new up-rights a little longer than the originals. I need to get deeper into tomorrow and see what's going to work best for me.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Thanks, Mike! That's what I was considering, but I didn't know how solid it would be. How long have you had you're that way?

I might also try to find some square tubing and build two new up-rights a little longer than the originals. I need to get deeper into tomorrow and see what's going to work best for me.
It’s plenty solid enough. No need to overthink it.