Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
As many people of mentioned, shops will not mount the 35x12.5 on the factory rubicon wheel. For those that are running 35s on the factory rubicon wheel, have you had any issues? There’s obviously a reason they refuse to mount them so I’m wondering if anyone has actually experienced any problems... thanks!
I recently switched from the stock tires on my JLUR to the 315/70-17 ko2's. I provided the tires but just needed the local shop to mount them on my stock rims. When setting the appointment, they asked if I had gotten 35's or 315's because they can't mount a 35 tire on the stock wheel. Said its because the 35" ko2 is a load range E and is too rigid for a 7.5" wide wheel. The 315 is fine because its a load range C.
Sponsored

StinGray Rubi

First Name
Coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have 37 x 12.50 on stock rubicon rims, nearly 8,000 miles. No problems at all. 4 Wheel Parts mounted no problem. Drives better than stock on the Freeway ( front lower adjustable control arms, Yeti sway bar, Fox Steering Stabilizer). Also it has been on the Rubicon Trail and the Pismo Dunes. Should be no problem finding a shop to mount them. PM me if I can assist , provide assistance

AD08DFC5-4DA0-4ED1-81A7-BEF0D042AE20.jpeg
Are you running 37s with no lift?

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Rubicon here running 35's with stock wheels no problem. Ran them without the lift for awhile very tight, but I like the look of the 2.5" lift so added that for looks not fitment. No wheel spacers.
Hey I’m getting some 35 12.50 put on today. No lift yet but have a 2.5” on order (also for looks). Did you have any issues when turning or anything. I don’t have wheel spacers.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Thank you to everyone for this forum. It is helping me pick what 35's to put on my 2018 JL-R, since I'm pretty much a noob on the specs on this stuff. I'm doing this in reverse order after getting some trail damage and already lifted it last week (and did bumpers and rock guards first), with tires being next. It's a daily driver/weekend warrior AND has to fit in parking garages, so 35" seems to be the right size and I have to deal with snow half the year.

The red 2 door Rubicon in the pictures is mine (the highly recommended manufacturer is local and the kit just came out) with the net 2" (3" stated, but Rubicons are 1" higher to start) Iron Rock Offroad foundation lift with Bilstein 5125 shocks. Didn't have to change any steering components, but may want to add an adjustable track bar and address sway bar links later: https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/jl-3-foundation-series-lift-kit.html
123_1_600x450.jpg

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I’m getting some 35 12.50 put on today. No lift yet but have a 2.5” on order (also for looks). Did you have any issues when turning or anything. I don’t have wheel spacers.
None at all just went bigger because I could and wanted to get away from load range E of the KO2s easier to air down offroad. The wheel spacers were not needed for the 37" with the RC spacer lift just for looks.

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
None at all just went bigger because I could and wanted to get away from load range E of the KO2s easier to air down offroad. The wheel spacers were not needed for the 37" with the RC spacer lift just for looks.
That’s so impressive. These new JLUR just keep impressing me. My 35s with stock suspension are great. At full turn left and right no rubbing.

Sponsored

Bozman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl 2door sport
No Spacers
Rubbed at fully lock

New set up now
No spacers
No Lift
No Rubbing at all

CE97E494-64D8-4187-A26D-85A36BD83DC9.jpeg
Looks good! Thanks !! Those rims have the right offset then I'm assuming!!

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
35/12.5/17
17x9.5
-18 OFFSET

DOZENS OF LOCAL JEEP CUSTOM SHOPS
TOLD ME IT IS IMPOSSIBLE
I GUESS I PROVED THEM ALL WRONG.