Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great.

Did the MPGs take a hard or soft hit?

How’s the ride?

Most importantly, if I add the tires, then a week or so later add the lift, would the wife notice?
She might not notice the tires right off but she will defiantly notice the lift. I am 5'9" and its a small hop to get in.
Mileage wise in town lost 1.5 mpg I am seeing 18 mpg in town. I haven't had it on a good hwy trip yet with the lift to really get a good number for hwy mpg.
At first I thought it road a little stiffer but isn't noticeable now have had it on for about 4 weeks. You'll like it brings smiles to my face.
Sponsored

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
She might not notice the tires right off but she will defiantly notice the lift. I am 5'9" and its a small hop to get in.
Mileage wise in town lost 1.5 mpg I am seeing 18 mpg in town. I haven't had it on a good hwy trip yet with the lift to really get a good number for hwy mpg.
At first I thought it road a little stiffer but isn't noticeable now have had it on for about 4 weeks. You'll like it brings smiles to my face.
Yay.

I’m looking forward to 35s.

I will hold off on the lift (for as long as possible)

wyatt209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, thinking of doing the same. Can you comment on gas mileage, need for re gearing, sluggishness, regrets, etc.
Nope works as advertised lost about 1 mpg. No need to rehear with a Rubicon with 410 gears.

Sponsored

Vermillion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So who did you guys find to mount 35's on the stock rims? I've read that most places won't do it because it is outside of spec.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
So who did you guys find to mount 35's on the stock rims? I've read that most places won't do it because it is outside of spec.
Discount Tire will mount the 315. I do not think they will mount a 35 though. There is very little difference in the 35 and the 315.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
My Rubicon on stock wheels with with 315 7017 BF Goodrich KO 2 and just for comparison my Rubicon with the same tires and Fuel Anza Wheels.

86FD812E-4AF9-44A3-9A41-C6AE82A69499.jpeg

80E05C63-E719-452E-ABDB-BBCB250846BF.jpeg

looks great in both pics, out of curiosity, why did you switch from the stock wheels to the Fuel Anza wheels and do you have any front or rear views to see how the tire sits differently on the different rims?

Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
looks great in both pics, out of curiosity, why did you switch from the stock wheels to the Fuel Anza wheels and do you have any front or rear views to see how the tire sits differently on the different rims?
I decided on the fuel wheels because it gave the Jeep a wider stance. The 315 tires were purchased about two weeks before the aftermarket wheels so the pic that I posted is the only one that I have with the stock wheels and 315’s. I like to do one step at a time so I can see if there’s a problem. The 315 and the stock wheels drove and rode very well. So I went to the aftermarket wheels and found that there was no problem with the aftermarket wheels either!

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I wont have them on factory wheels, but I'll have Dick Cepek Extreme Country's (35x12.5x17) on some gunmetal and carbon black Gear Alloy Manifolds. They are 17x9 - 4.53 back space and -12 offset.. hopefully they come and I can get them on by Friday!
Did you get the Extreme Country's mounted on your JLU? I am looking at those on sale or a set of Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 both 35x12.5 . Torn at this point.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Had 315-70/17 Milestar Patagonia tires on factory wheels today...One note i do have a 2.5" Metal Cloak lift on as well.

IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
@AFfiredawg, If I remember correctly, you had CloakWorks do the install for you. How was the experience?
Sponsored