Sponsored

35 inch tires on stock wheels

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
That's sick. Big fan of this no lift big tire look. Super debating about it
No spacers, not lift. Initially no rubbing at all on the Sport S flares except under max articulation. Rubicon flares fixed that. There was initially no rubbing but something must have gotten loose because now there is constant rubbing at moderate passenger-side turns

Sport fender flares
Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels f19e4ece-8d16-45b0-a4f3-f4dffe759356-jpe

Rubicon fender flares
Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels 74833c38-4af5-4442-aee8-b33a7fb2c99d-jpe
Sponsored

Fredtp

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Stingray
Occupation
Retired
I decided on the fuel wheels because it gave the Jeep a wider stance. The 315 tires were purchased about two weeks before the aftermarket wheels so the pic that I posted is the only one that I have with the stock wheels and 315ā€™s. I like to do one step at a time so I can see if thereā€™s a problem. The 315 and the stock wheels drove and rode very well. So I went to the aftermarket wheels and found that there was no problem with the aftermarket wheels either!
What offset did you go with on the Fuel wheels?

Lestatsghost

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
35x12.5R17 BFG on stock wheels no spacers no issues 32psi feel like clouds, I do have the MOPAR tailgate reinforcement and the light relocation so I can not confirm completely stock Rubicon how the steel bumper fits. I would not wheel it in this set up. Local Discount tire had no issues mounting them due to wheel size specs. Also as a bit of helpful info any current military or vets, discount tire company wide now offers 10% off your purchase. You must buy online which you need to select a 2019 Ford F150 Raptor to do 35's and verify by ID.me that's how they are granting 10% off. The guys at my local Discount Tire don't care if you didn't bring in what you said, if you are smart enough to trick their system you must know what you are doing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels PXL_20210513_002217840
Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels PXL_20210513_002207469

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
35x12.5R17 BFG on stock wheels no spacers no issues 32psi feel like clouds, I do have the MOPAR tailgate reinforcement and the light relocation so I can not confirm completely stock Rubicon how the steel bumper fits. I would not wheel it in this set up. Local Discount tire had no issues mounting them due to wheel size specs. Also as a bit of helpful info any current military or vets, discount tire company wide now offers 10% off your purchase. You must buy online which you need to select a 2019 Ford F150 Raptor to do 35's and verify by ID.me that's how they are granting 10% off. The guys at my local Discount Tire don't care if you didn't bring in what you said, if you are smart enough to trick their system you must know what you are doing.
Looks good!
When you say you wouldn't wheel it w/ that current setup, do you mean because of the stock wheel being too close to the suspension, the narrower wheel on that 12.5, or just more chances of something going awry??

Munky

First Name
Kester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ariel Atom / Caterham 7 / ā€˜68 Porsche / Subaru WRX
Iā€™ve finally had an email, saying my Jeep should be with me in about a month.

Itā€™s a Jeep Altitude Sport and comes on stock 18ā€ 7.5 wheels.

Unfortunately Iā€™m very much in the cheap seats when it comes to Jeep ownership.

Is it possible to put 35s on this (or 315s) and look to do a lift later? Or do I need new alloys before I can do 35s and or need a lift?

Any advice would be welcome. I come from the world of car lowering and rubber band tires, so this is all new to me.

It seems that most in this thread have Rubicons and know thatā€™s different.

Iā€˜m not looking for any serious off-roading for some time yet! Thanks!

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe

Unfortunately Iā€™m very much in the cheap seats when it comes to Jeep ownership.

Is it possible to put 35s on this (or 315s) and look to do a lift later? Or do I need new alloys before I can do 35s and or need a lift?

Any advice would be welcome. I come from the world of car lowering and rubber band tires, so this is all new to me.

yes and no. yes they'll fit but it'll rub at full turns. most people put wheel spacers for this reason. since rubicons have wider axles, they don't need wheel spacers.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
standard J**p answer: "it depends". ;)

12.5" tires will likely rub on the LCAs at full lock turns. (315s are about the same width as 12.5s.)

35" tires will likely rub the wheel wells at full stuff. (315/70-17s are roughly the same diameter as 35x12.5s; 315/70-18s, if you can find such a thing, would be even larger.)

Munky

First Name
Kester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks both. :)
Any suggestions as to what size wheel spacers I should be looking for please?

Sponsored

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
Thanks both. :)
Any suggestions as to what size wheel spacers I should be looking for please?
I believe 1.5 is minimum before you have to shave the factory studs to make them fit. i was running 1.75, no issues.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
none? ;)

i don't do spacers; i prefer to (do it right and) use wheels that have the appropriate spacing.

At the risk if opening pandoras box, all I can say is spacers are no different from wheels with the same offset except there are 5 more lug nuts to check each rotation. I have factory Rubicon wheels with 1.75" synergy hubcentric spacers. With the thread locker (not the permanent) they have not loosened in 20000 miles and i check them every 2500. 20% of my miles are on dirt. The physics is the same whether the rim is giving the offset or the spacer so no difference in wear on hubs, other components. So I believe it can be done "right" with them. I had 35s with factory rims and no lift on my Rubicon for a month without rubbing but finally got my aev 2.5" lift now.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I believe 1.5 is minimum before you have to shave the factory studs to make them fit. i was running 1.75, no issues.
I have 1.25 Bora spacers due to deliver on the 7th. Not expecting any issues with the stud length since Iā€™m on OE wheels with deep relief pockets.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels B703111A-8719-4646-9974-233AD703145D

Munky

First Name
Kester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.
And sorry - I didnā€™t mean to derail the conversation.
Just wanted to get some spacers on order, so that I can get best resale for my stock tires.
Sponsored