MIWrangler

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to re-gear, add wheel spacers, see steering become more difficult, and what lift are you using?
I just bought a 2018 JLUR and am trying to understand what the cost would be to do what you did from a stock JLUR. I've been going back and forth between 35s and 37s. I think I've at least decided on the Dynatrac Endurosport 2 inch lift which does not include control arms.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I just bought a 2018 JLUR and am trying to understand what the cost would be to do what you did from a stock JLUR. I've been going back and forth between 35s and 37s. I think I've at least decided on the Dynatrac Endurosport 2 inch lift which does not include control arms.
Don't need a lift to run 35s. What you should spend $$$ is a new trackbar and Synergy HD steering kit. Also, if you're going to run 37s, you can go with the Mopar 2" lift that comes with everything you need.

My JTR with 37s with Mopar 2", Synergy HD steering kit, Synergy TRACK BAR AND SECTOR SHAFT BRACE, and Yeti HD trackbar:

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels IMG_9536

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to re-gear, add wheel spacers, see steering become more difficult, and what lift are you using?
No re-gear hunts for 8th gear now, but not too bad. Wheel spacers are for looks only absolutely no need for spacers. Using RC spacer lift. When it is heavily loaded it will rub in rear at full compression I just have not got heat gun out to reform finder liner.

MIWrangler

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No re-gear hunts for 8th gear now, but not too bad. Wheel spacers are for looks only absolutely no need for spacers. Using RC spacer lift. When it is heavily loaded it will rub in rear at full compression I just have not got heat gun out to reform finder liner.
Thank you for the quick reply! This forum is the best. I started on this forum with a JL sport and now have a JLUR. You guys are a bad influence lol.

I've heard the stock wheels are a poor man's beadlock meaning they hold air at much lower pressures than a wider wheel. It sounds like what I save in aftermarket wheels, I can spend in 37's instead of going with the 35's.

Have you looked into Tasers? Someone else on the forum said they were able to do some programming and get their speedometer true, get 8th gear back, and gain back the mpgs lost when they first went to 37's. I've thought about a cold air intake to get some power back as well.

Sponsored

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
Going to go with 315/70R17 KO2s for my needs. No lift planned at this time, but will the spare tire factory rack need to be reinforced to handle the larger tire/weight?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the quick reply! This forum is the best. I started on this forum with a JL sport and now have a JLUR. You guys are a bad influence lol.

I've heard the stock wheels are a poor man's beadlock meaning they hold air at much lower pressures than a wider wheel. It sounds like what I save in aftermarket wheels, I can spend in 37's instead of going with the 35's.

Have you looked into Tasers? Someone else on the forum said they were able to do some programming and get their speedometer true, get 8th gear back, and gain back the mpgs lost when they first went to 37's. I've thought about a cold air intake to get some power back as well.
Yes have the Taser works great for reprogramming speed and setting air pressure warning lower. I am not sure if it did much for 8th gear, but absolutely worth it for all the other options it adds.
I have had no issues lugging around 37 K02 on spare I also have tailgate toolbox not loaded heavy, but still adds weight again no issues.

MIWrangler

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes have the Taser works great for reprogramming speed and setting air pressure warning lower. I am not sure if it did much for 8th gear, but absolutely worth it for all the other options it adds.
I have had no issues lugging around 37 K02 on spare I also have tailgate toolbox not loaded heavy, but still adds weight again no issues.
Did you need to reinforce the tailgate and tire carrier?

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
After doing a lot of shopping for aftermarket rims online, I think I would kinda like the look of my Sahara rims with a meatier tire and the Mopar lift. I have seen several people ask on this thread but am yet to see any replies except the one dude with the sport (thank you!). I like all my mods to be super clean, and I just kinda like the wheel design - simple, clean, two tone and tasteful with my Sahara exterior setup of all body color. Most of the aftermarket wheels I like are black or dark and would really change the look of the vehicle.

Bump for any feedback on a Sahara with the stock 18s and no lift, and/or the Mopar 2” lift. Thinking 35s (welcome recommendations, btw).

if you have the setup, was the lift necessary? Was/is there rubbing? We’re any spacers required? Pretty new to Wrangler life, and very grateful for any information.

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
Did you need to reinforce the tailgate and tire carrier?
Just had 35 KO2’s installed today. NO tailgate reinforcement required. Just an Upward adjustment of the rear brake light to clear the higher 35” spare.

No rubbing on stock Rubicon. I have previously installed Tazer mini and will adjust the tire size accordingly and will inflate to 31-32 psi.

I have the diesel 3.0 and notice no difference in acceleration or braking. The ride is smooth & quiet as it was with the stock 33’s.

Discount Tire gave me $150 each trade in for my 5 factory tires with 2700 miles on them which made this a $675 total out the door “poor mans lift” !

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels A670FA66-513D-461B-8A58-A97E4BF4B190

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the clearance of a 37" KO2 for brake light. The KO2s are pretty light so no issue. I am running penastars for the other 4 not sure if would clear the light. Oh yea and my smoked brake light Amazon find :) I also added the ring brake light that goes behind spare for good measure.

20200721_220902.jpg

Steve5282

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Just had 35 KO2’s installed today. NO tailgate reinforcement required. Just an Upward adjustment of the rear brake light to clear the higher 35” spare.

No rubbing on stock Rubicon. I have previously installed Tazer mini and will adjust the tire size accordingly and will inflate to 31-32 psi.

I have the diesel 3.0 and notice no difference in acceleration or braking. The ride is smooth & quiet as it was with the stock 33’s.

Discount Tire gave me $150 each trade in for my 5 factory tires with 2700 miles on them which made this a $675 total out the door “poor mans lift” !

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels 20200721_220902
I’m looking at getting 35s.What tire size did you with? 35x12.5x17 ? Thank you

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Does running 35s on the stock wheels, where the tire mfg says you need an 8.5" wide rim but the oem rims are 7.5", cause excess wear on the tire (even when properly inflated, albeit needing lower PSI)

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels 20200721_220902
Are those 35's, or a metric equivalent?