Sponsored

35 inch tires on stock wheels

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone help explain why Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required for a spacer lift?

Regarding the 2” spacer lift, AEV states:

*Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required.

I’ve seen pics of guys running this lift w/ the OE Rubicon wheels (on AEV’s forum). Did they use wheel spacers? I can’t visualize why a spacer lift would impact necessary wheel offset or backspacing. Does the spacer lift move the LCA’s into a compromising position w/ stock OE Rubi wheels? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have 37 x 12.50 on stock rubicon rims, nearly 8,000 miles. No problems at all. 4 Wheel Parts mounted no problem. Drives better than stock on the Freeway ( front lower adjustable control arms, Yeti sway bar, Fox Steering Stabilizer). Also it has been on the Rubicon Trail and the Pismo Dunes. Should be no problem finding a shop to mount them. PM me if I can assist , provide assistance

AD08DFC5-4DA0-4ED1-81A7-BEF0D042AE20.jpeg
Nice! What lift?

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone help explain why Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required for a spacer lift?
I think the manufacturer's assume since you are lifting you will be installing larger tires and if you do that then you will want the different offset wheels or spacers so the tires don't rub. So no, if you are just installing a spacer lift, no change in offset required.

Sponsored

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Great info so far on this thread. I have a slightly different setup than most.

My JLR (2 door) has 315/70R17 KO2s on 17x8.5” XD Recon Wheels with +18mm offset (5.46” backspace, about 0.5” less than stock rubi).

I went with a positive offset wheel so that the tires would not poke as much. They still poke out past the fenders by about 1.5”.

Question for the experts: With a 2” or 2.5” lift (thinking Mopar but happy to be talked out of it), would I be safe from rubbing issues with full flex/lock? Does the answer change for a 4 door vs 2 door? I do not want any restrictions with turning/flexing on the trails.

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
THIRSTY!!!!!!!!
35s NO LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

C21A8E9C-C54A-436A-B873-D67777698906.png

hedbeb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
About to be new JL owner question: planning to buy a 2019 JL SAHARA and wondering if I can put ~35in tires on the stock 18 inch rims? I've seen this question regarding the Rubicon but can someone advise what'll work on the Sahara rims. I'm planning to add the 2" Mopar lift but would like to save some money by NOT buying new rims yet.

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Regarding the 2” spacer lift, AEV states:

*Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required.

I’ve seen pics of guys running this lift w/ the OE Rubicon wheels (on AEV’s forum). Did they use wheel spacers? I can’t visualize why a spacer lift would impact necessary wheel offset or backspacing. Does the spacer lift move the LCA’s into a compromising position w/ stock OE Rubi wheels? Thanks in advance!
Seems odd to me. AEV wheels are +25or near that. That’s only 19mm different than stock. Maybe that makes a difference, It is just under an inch. I like the tucked look.
Edit. I changed the numbers here today because I was wrong with saying AEV JL wheel had +34 . I guess that one inch difference from stock is enough to allow clearance.

Last edited:

Av_86

First Name
Aníbal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2020
35 Toyo on stock wheel. It’s a tight fit and a little rubbing at wheel lock. I will eventually get a 2.5” lift, hopefully I won’t need spacers too.

A7337D97-1477-4DC6-985F-908C992BE0E2.jpeg
Did You plastidiped the key lock? Looks great !!!

MIWrangler

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
These Jeeps look sweet.

I have 37 BFGs on Stock Rubi rims, 2 inch lift.....no issues.. It ran great on the Rubicon Trail. Drives nice on and off road.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels C795C379-E2F9-4D26-934E-A1257EF30D0E
Did you need to re-gear? Did you loose 8th gear? How low can you air down? What's your new mpg? Is steering harder? What 2 inch lift?
Sponsored