Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Co
If I remember correctly, you had CloakWorks do the install for you. How was the experience?
Correct, I did. They were great! They put two guys on it from the time they were open and were done around 230. I had full skids as well as the FAD and Rear Diff and Steering stabilizer relocate as well as the 2.5" dual rate lift with rocksport shocks. Tires were done at america's tire...Cloak Works will do a re-torque after 1000 miles at no charge. They said just swing by...Nice guys over there to talk to and most of them are genuinely interested in helping you! Definitely would use them again!
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Had 315-70/17 Milestar Patagonia tires on factory wheels today...One note i do have a 2.5" Metal Cloak lift on as well.

IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG
Great looking jeep! Really like the look of the patagonia tires. How do they ride on road vs. stock ko2's?

What skids did you have put on and what did you do for the FAD?

Lastly, what bumper and winch? Thanks!

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Great looking jeep! Really like the look of the patagonia tires. How do they ride on road vs. stock ko2's?

What skids did you have put on and what did you do for the FAD?

Lastly, what bumper and winch? Thanks!
The tires are great! They may be the slightest bit louder than the KO2s but not anything noticeable. Ride is the same as the KO2s.

Skids are all metal cloak including those FAD skid and steering stabilizer relocate.

Front bumper is a JCR Off-road mid width and a warm 10S winch with factor 55 hook.

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Co

Correct, I did. They were great! They put two guys on it from the time they were open and were done around 230. I had full skids as well as the FAD and Rear Diff and Steering stabilizer relocate as well as the 2.5" dual rate lift with rocksport shocks. Tires were done at america's tire...Cloak Works will do a re-torque after 1000 miles at no charge. They said just swing by...Nice guys over there to talk to and most of them are genuinely interested in helping you! Definitely would use them again!
What America Tires did you go to, the one near me won’t mount them since they are to wide for a stock tire?

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
What America Tires did you go to, the one near me won’t mount them since they are to wide for a stock tire?
I did it in Vacaville, CA...show them their website, it says rim width of 7.5-11”
15520272-CFB5-4763-8AF6-0C65DC25AA28.png

Sponsored

Deltabarone

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Jl
Runnng 35 nitto ridge grapplers on stock wheels. You can run without the lift but it will rub. I have the Mopar lift now.

IMG_20180812_210619_377.jpg
I like the coal mounted lights what brand and were can I get them. The side lights are awesome

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I like the coal mounted lights what brand and were can I get them. The side lights are awesome
The lights are a local company here in Orange County California. GGLIGHTING.NET the mounts are GoRhino

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Runnng 35 nitto ridge grapplers on stock wheels. You can run without the lift but it will rub. I have the Mopar lift now.

Who did you get to mount them?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe

Where did you have rubbing? What's the minimum lift you think you'd need to avoid it? I've got 315/70R17 Nitto RGs but haven't yet taken it to full extension (will tomorrow at Hidden Falls).

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

TheLoneWolf

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, The "RuPunkn"
I would also like to do the 35 upgrade on my stock JLUR, but I do not yet want to add a lift.
I would also like to know about any issue with rubbing prior to a lift install

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I just added 35's (315/70/17 BFG TA KO2 C rated) on stock rims with no rubbing at all in standard driving (haven't taken off road yet though). after that I added 0.5" pucks from Teraflex to minimize chance of rubbing off road, it looks great.
IMG_5822.jpg
IMG_5820.jpg
IMG_5821.jpg

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Where did you have rubbing? What's the minimum lift you think you'd need to avoid it? I've got 315/70R17 Nitto RGs but haven't yet taken it to full extension (will tomorrow at Hidden Falls).
I never took it off road before the lift so idk if it rubbed or not. I have the 2" Mopar lift on it now and Mopar beadlocks.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I never took it off road before the lift so idk if it rubbed or not. I have the 2" Mopar lift on it now and Mopar beadlocks.
I don't have any vertical rub off-road but i do get rub at full lock to the passenger side. The rub is on the driver side only at the top end of the sway bar link. I need to adjust the steering stop for now, but my plan is to put a set of Hutchinson Rock Monster Beadlock wheels with a bigger offset. We will see if that helps...Washers on the steering stop for now...
Sponsored