First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Just had 35 KO2’s installed today. NO tailgate reinforcement required. Just an Upward adjustment of the rear brake light to clear the higher 35” spare.

No rubbing on stock Rubicon. I have previously installed Tazer mini and will adjust the tire size accordingly and will inflate to 31-32 psi.

I have the diesel 3.0 and notice no difference in acceleration or braking. The ride is smooth & quiet as it was with the stock 33’s.

Discount Tire gave me $150 each trade in for my 5 factory tires with 2700 miles on them which made this a $675 total out the door “poor mans lift” !

A670FA66-513D-461B-8A58-A97E4BF4B190.jpeg
How did you get the trade in value for your factory tires. Is it a corporate thing or was it something you worked out with the local place. I would be interested in this but have never had a store offer trade in value for a used tire
Sponsored

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
How did you get the trade in value for your factory tires. Is it a corporate thing or was it something you worked out with the local place. I would be interested in this but have never had a store offer trade in value for a used tire
Since my Jeep had only 2700 miles on it I thought I’d ask if the factory 33’s could have a trade in value. Discount Tire said yes and valued them @ $150 each. I had never been to a Discount Tire and did not know anyone who worked there.

I was surprised at that value as I have previously seen a 5 tire set of 33’s advertised on CL for $500! So, yeah in my opinion Discount Tire did me right for sure on the trade value and sure made the upgrade a no brainer for me.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Since my Jeep had only 2700 miles on it I thought I’d ask if the factory 33’s could have a trade in value. Discount Tire said yes and valued them @ $150 each. I had never been to a Discount Tire and did not know anyone who worked there.

I was surprised at that value as I have previously seen a 5 tire set of 33’s advertised on CL for $500! So, yeah in my opinion Discount Tire did me right for sure on the trade value and sure made the upgrade a no brainer for me.
Which Discount Tire? Is it the one that also goes buy Americas Tire in other parts of the country or is it Discount Tire and Service Center? In my area we have the America’s tire version and the latter. Thanks.

Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Had 315-70/17 Milestar Patagonia tires on factory wheels today...One note i do have a 2.5" Metal Cloak lift on as well.

IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG
Hey man I’m looking at these same tires on stock rims. Can you post a pick looking down the side so I can see how far they poke outside the fenders? I have been looking at lifts also but I have a diesel so fewer options right now. What do you think of the ride with your MC system?

I appreciate any advice.

The Embalmer

First Name
D. Keefer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon & 2015 Toyota Land Crusier 200
Just had 35 KO2’s installed today. NO tailgate reinforcement required. Just an Upward adjustment of the rear brake light to clear the higher 35” spare.

No rubbing on stock Rubicon. I have previously installed Tazer mini and will adjust the tire size accordingly and will inflate to 31-32 psi.

I have the diesel 3.0 and notice no difference in acceleration or braking. The ride is smooth & quiet as it was with the stock 33’s.

Discount Tire gave me $150 each trade in for my 5 factory tires with 2700 miles on them which made this a $675 total out the door “poor mans lift” !

Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels IMG_1676
Can post a few photos of the side. Thanks..

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Was looking for pics looking down the side from
The front to get an idea of how much 35’s extend past fender on stock wheels.

Thanks.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Was looking for pics looking down the side from
The front to get an idea of how much 35’s extend past fender on stock wheels.

Thanks.
I just now saw your quoting of another members post about this. He has a Rubicon, which has wider axles than the Sports and Saharas. Here's a couple of pics from when I had 315/70-17 BFG KO2's on stock wheels and no spacers. Also, no lift at this point. They will sit a little further in on a non Rubicon.
Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels 20190827_132749_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL 35 inch tires on stock wheels 20190827_132848_resized

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
How is the tire noise on those MTs?
Very minimal. I have the top off 6 month of the year as well. I have run these for 30 years.. I like them(Personal preference) the tires of current day maybe a bit different than the tire from the 90’s. These MT are much quieter than those of the past

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
That's sick. Big fan of this no lift big tire look. Super debating about it
Thank you
I know have on 38s No lift No spacers No Rub
Sponsored