OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
My JKUR had 35s. Test drove the dealership GMs demo with 37s and a 3.5” lift so got a good idea what it would feel like before purchasing.
If your talking a Rubicon with 4.10 gear ratio you’ll be fine. I ran 35s for two months and I’m now running 37s with stock gears and stock HD breaks on a 2 Liter 4 cylinder turbo automatic. You’ll need to use a Tazer or some other programmer to update your speedometer and tranny but other than that there will only be a slight downgrade in acceleration and braking.

E572D068-3A11-4E51-82A4-68E083130732.jpeg
Those red wheels look freakin' amazing on that jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update to my tire dilemma-
I’m holding off on switching out tires for now.
I found someone who has the 35 ko2 315s on a manual. I’m going to drive theirs and see if it’s any different.

Last edited:
OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a Rubicon? You should be just fine. As long as they aren't excessively heavy wheels & tires.
I don’t know what excessively heavy is. 37s?
Would 120 pounds for wheel and rim be excessive?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I don’t know what excessively heavy is. 37s?
Would 120 pounds for wheel and rim be excessive?
You will notice the difference.

Excessive will depend on your perception. On my LJ it was a dealbreaker. The JL has a better motor and better breaks. We will see.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will notice the difference.

Excessive will depend on your perception. On my LJ it was a dealbreaker. The JL has a better motor and better breaks. We will see.
Yeah, unfortunately I liked the stock ride. I’m sorry I messed with it.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The reason I resist. There are advantages to lifts and bigger tires, but there are decided disadvantages as well.

Get back to where you like it best. :like:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I wish you would've picked a lighter 35" tire and wheel combo...makes a noticeable difference. The 315/70/17 ko2 load c on quadratec 41 wheels drive well with the 6 speed.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish you would've picked a lighter 35" tire and wheel combo...makes a noticeable difference. The 315/70/17 ko2 load c on quadratec 41 wheels drive well with the 6 speed.
I would love to try it but afraid that if i hate it, i have to go through selling another batch of tires. Unfortunately the tire places don't let your return.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Update to my tire dilemma-
I’m holding off on switching out tires for now.
I found someone who has the 35 ko2 315s on a manual. I’m going to drive theirs and see if it’s any different.
I'm curious to hear your thoughts after driving the 315 ko2's

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I'm curious to hear your thoughts after driving the 315 ko2's
FYI I have been running 35 inch KO2's on the stock rims for quite a while now in a manual JLUR, and although it isn't horrible, it needs a gear change.

I hardly ever even shift into 5th gear on the freeway unless I am going over 70 MPH, and 6th literally never gets used unless I'm doing 75+ MPH downhill. There is a very strange dead spot between 3rd and 4th where I can't ever find the right gear. I think it's at about 45 MPH. If I'm accelerating to shift into 4th, it is fine. But it doesn't like to cruise at this speed. The RPMs are caught between 3000K in 3rd, or barely 2K in 4th. If I shift to 4th, the engine really isn't happy at that RPM. So I find myself cruising around at 3000K+ RPMs in 3rd quite often.

I'm thinking 4.88 gears is probably close to the sweet spot for 35s on the manual.

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
FYI I have been running 35 inch KO2's on the stock rims for quite a while now in a manual JLUR, and although it isn't horrible, it needs a gear change.

I hardly ever even shift into 5th gear on the freeway unless I am going over 70 MPH, and 6th literally never gets used unless I'm doing 75+ MPH downhill. There is a very strange dead spot between 3rd and 4th where I can't ever find the right gear. I think it's at about 45 MPH. If I'm accelerating to shift into 4th, it is fine. But it doesn't like to cruise at this speed. The RPMs are caught between 3000K in 3rd, or barely 2K in 4th. If I shift to 4th, the engine really isn't happy at that RPM. So I find myself cruising around at 3000K+ RPMs in 3rd quite often.

I'm thinking 4.88 gears is probably close to the sweet spot for 35s on the manual.
I would only go 4.56 with 35s and you have the rubicon transfer case to help with the manual. I have light duratracs 315/70r17 and manual 4.56 and I don’t go over 70mph now or else the rpms are up by 3k and she gets hungry for gas. But at 60-63 in 6th it cruises along perfect and I don’t have to downshift on the highway, unless there is a large hill but normally its fine

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase

I would only go 4.56 with 35s and you have the rubicon transfer case to help with the manual. I have light duratracs 315/70r17 and manual 4.56 and I don’t go over
Sponsored