35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Frankenstein lift....Originally RK 2.5" stage 1 with their twin tube long travel shocks, but it only lifted it 1". Now running Roam 2.5" progressive coils, Metalcloak chromally trackbar, RK shocks/rear trackbar relo/RK LCA's, Roam adjustable front upper arms & rear upper/lower arms. It rides super soft with 37s at 26psi and flexes well with RK twin tubes...have 12" travel in front and 13" in rear.(shocks might be too soft bc it bounces around a bit offroad) I may add fox 2.0 monotubes.
Are you running the RK RRD 2.25 shocks? If so you think they’re too soft?
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No...mine are the RK RRD twin tube. The RRD 2.25 are montube. I want to get the fox 2.0 for 3-4" lift...but will lose an inch of travel. Here are mine:
https://www.morris4x4center.com/rock-krawler-front-3-5-rrd-spect-tt-shock.html
Got it, why not try the RRD 2.5 in 3.5”? I’m with you at the Frankenstein lef i’m with you at the Frankenstein suspension.

SS Yeti track bar
SS Yeti drag link
SS Yeti tie rod (Amazing)
Teraflex Alipne IR adjustable control arms, all 8, good quality but overpriced in my opinion..
Falcon 2.2 SS relocated
Mopar Lift, big mistake for my needs.

Now I’m undecided and keep going in circles over which shocks and springs go with next. I’m leaning towards the RK because I’ve heard by others and RK themselves that their 3.5” springs are true to size which I like. Choices are below.

1-RK 3.5” with RRD 2.5 shocks
2- Metal Cloak 3.5” Dual rate with Rocksport shocks
3- Teraflex 3.5” with Falcon SP mono tubes

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Got it, why not try the RRD 2.5 in 3.5”? I’m with you at the Frankenstein lef i’m with you at the Frankenstein suspension.

SS Yeti track bar
SS Yeti drag link
Teraflex Alipne IR adjustable control arms, all 8, good quality but overpriced in my opinion..
Falcon 2.2 SS relocated

Now I’m undecided and keep going in circles over which shocks and springs go with next. I’m leaning towards the RK because I’ve heard by others and RK themselves that their 3.5” springs are true to size which I like. Choices are below.

I've considered the RRD 2.5...I have a friend who paired the fox 2.0's with my coils and said they work well together. The RK RRD's are also pricier and dont look as good in my opinion.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
On a side note, rings or no rigs, both are with 37’s. I feel like the rings make them look smaller. Funny story my wife says your tires look huge, what did you do to them? I said nothing sweetie, I just took off the rings and it makes them look bigger. I put the rings back on a said, see they look small again, she said yeah they do :fingerscrossed::whew:thoughts?

4CC67372-3202-4F26-BD0E-1FA6FBCF741A.jpeg

052ACF3F-0C03-45FA-9427-D6EFE603522D.jpeg
I prefer your mopar wheels with silver true beadlock rings.:like: Good looking jeep!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

SS Yeti track bar
SS Yeti drag link
Falcon 2.2 SS relocated

On a rubi, I think a 2.5" lift looks proportional with 37s and keeps the center of gravity a little lower which can help offroad and with wind blowing it around on the hwy. To allow a couple more inches of uptravel, I'm prob going to chop the fenders and add the AAL/Quake LED fender kit in the next month.

With a 3.5" lift, I think 37s start to look smaller and you'll be tempted to get 38s or 40s.:CWL:

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I prefer your mopar wheels with silver true beadlock rings.:like: Good looking jeep!
Thanks bud, I prefer the look of the bead lock rings as well, but I don’t need the hassle of bead locks. I’ve run them in the past and they’re a pain in the ass, in my opinion anyways. Plus these wheels take a ton of weight to balance out and I just don’t see a smooth ride with a true bead lock.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
On a rubi, I think a 2.5" lift looks proportional with 37s and keeps the center of gravity a little lower which can help offroad and with wind blowing it around on the hwy. To allow a couple more inches of uptravel, I'm prob going to chop the fenders and add the AAL/Quake LED fender kit in the next month.

With a 3.5" lift, I think 37s start to look smaller and you'll be tempted to get 38s or 40s.:CWL:
True story, it never ends!!!:facepalm::CWL:

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator
Here’s a few pics of the 37’s at install tonight, I really like the jump from 35 E rated to 37 D rated Ridge Grapplers. To be honest, I don’t really notice much of a difference in performance and handling between the two, and that’s a great surprise!! I have to adjust my headlights ASAP because I was getting flashed by everyone on the way home. Just for kicks I threw in a couple of pictures of my front end, in my opinion it’s a work of art, an expensive art lol. On a side note I really like the Mopar lift, it’s great lift for daily driver/weekend warrior duties but I want a little more capability and height so I decided on the Metal Cloak Dual rate 2.5” with Rocksport shocks. I hear nothing but great things about this lift, anyone running this lift on this thread?

C0F2E954-4F32-41C8-BCBA-2CEC632C4960.jpeg

9390A97A-423A-4D4F-BE2F-3BFCB5C9B04D.jpeg

4EC26F45-2ECA-4161-8465-0F084860CB28.jpeg

3FAD1496-2B39-44E4-A51F-F68B808CE75E.jpeg

C26047B8-1977-4868-AFE5-C3FB95B6CA24.jpeg

C63DECEB-2D5F-4575-9E8B-C5145DB978F2.jpeg
I am running the MC 2.5 Rocksport edition. While I have not had the opportunity to flex it yet, I chose this system based on all the positive reviews on this and other forums. Deciding factors for me where high flex, adjustable control arms and both track bars which allow me to go with 37's for now and only swap out springs down the road if I want to move up to 40's [gearing, ball joints, brakes, etc upgrades aside] I also took MC's and my shop's [Elias 4WD] recommendation to replace the front stock driveshaft with a custom Tom Wood's, which is actually getting installed today. As for onroad manners, this is also my DD so 70mph plus highway driving was important and has not disappointed at all. Rides awesome with Toyo MTs with no wobble or bump stear from MA/NH potholes or bridge expansion joints. I still have some slight steering wander at high speeds which I hope to remedy with either MC or Synergy drag link/tie rod purchase and/or Synergy track bar/sector brace like yours. I just need to confirm the latter will not interfere with the MC setup.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
1st pic stock, 2nd pic no lift with Rubicon wheels and 3rd pic RC Lift 2.5, 20x10 wheels and 35s

JL 2019 No Lift.jpg

JL 2019 No Lift Rubicon Wheels.jpg

JL1.jpg
Not a fan of black rims, but your rig looks bitchin!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am running the MC 2.5 Rocksport edition. While I have not had the opportunity to flex it yet, I chose this system based on all the positive reviews on this and other forums. Deciding factors for me where high flex, adjustable control arms and both track bars which allow me to go with 37's for now and only swap out springs down the road if I want to move up to 40's [gearing, ball joints, brakes, etc upgrades aside] I also took MC's and my shop's [Elias 4WD] recommendation to replace the front stock driveshaft with a custom Tom Wood's, which is actually getting installed today. As for onroad manners, this is also my DD so 70mph plus highway driving was important and has not disappointed at all. Rides awesome with Toyo MTs with no wobble or bump stear from MA/NH potholes or bridge expansion joints. I still have some slight steering wander at high speeds which I hope to remedy with either MC or Synergy drag link/tie rod purchase and/or Synergy track bar/sector brace like yours. I just need to confirm the latter will not interfere with the MC setup.
Hey bud I really appreciate the feedback, can you post up some pictures of your 2.5”, I want to see how they look with the 37‘s. I’m planning on a drive shaft, but I really don’t plan on getting into a flex competition so I don’t see the need right this minute, but definitely in the near future. I’m in the MA/NH area as well, where are you located? How much actual lift did you get out of your 2.5? I got 2.75” out of the 2” Mopar and I want a little higher with my next lift. If I get 3” loaded with the MC 2.5 I’ll be very happy. But this is also swing me against the 3.5 because I think that would be way too high

Last edited:

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator
Hey bud I really appreciate the feedback, can you post up some pictures of your 2.5”, I want to see how they look with the 37‘s. I’m planning on a drive shaft, but I really don’t plan on getting into a flex competition so I don’t see the need right this minute, but definitely in the near future. I’m in the MA/NH area as well, where are you located? How much actual lift did you get out of your 2.5? I got 2.75” out of the 2” Mopar and I want a little higher with my next lift. If I get 3” loaded with the MC 2.5 I’ll be very happy. But this is also swing me against the 3.5 because I think that would be way too high
A few pics to compliment the one posted in this thread. I did not bother to take a before lift measurement but estimate door sills have risen between four and five inches given the lift and 37's over stock 33's. As for flex comparisons, I cannot speak for that of comparable mfg setups but would guess it's comparable within an inch here or there. And tech comparisons aside, I am a big fan of MC's zinc coating [over painted] , especially when it compliments the under armor.

And home/work is Concord MA with an office in Nashua. Cheers.

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A few pics to compliment the one posted in this thread. I did not bother to take a before lift measurement but estimate door sills have risen between four and five inches given the lift and 37's over stock 33's. As for flex comparisons, I cannot speak for that of comparable mfg setups but would guess it's comparable within an inch here or there. And tech comparisons aside, I am a big fan of MC's zinc coating [over painted] , especially when it compliments the under armor. On a side note, that’s a lot of weight on an unsupported tailgate. How’s it holding up?

And home/work is Concord MA with an office in Nashua. Cheers.

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg
Looks great, when you get a sec can you measure from ground to the drip edge on the hardtop. Color doesn’t really matter when it comes to parts, I just care that they work. I think the TeraFlex IR arms are probably the best arms on the market and Steer Smarts steering linkage speak for themselves. I’ll probably end up with the MC 2.5 and go with Rusty’s under armor. I am a big fan of the black e coating they use.
Sponsored

Last edited: