A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Love the red wheels! Did you get the Game-Changer version with all 8 control arms? I'm considering the same lift and tires. How's the ride so far?

I did get the gamechanger with all 8 control arms. Coming from a long arm Teraflex setup in my previous JK, it rides much rougher. I can only speculate as to why- I think it's the longer, dual rate coils that allow so much droop. I keep these Cooper tires at 35psi, and that may be part of it, but I kept 35psi in my 35" BFGs on the Teraflex long arms and it rode like a Cadillac.

That being said, with the offroad performance from this Michael bolt-on Metalcloak lift, I hardly care how it rides on the road! Totally amazing!

20190526_121123.jpg

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Can you share your total ride height measured from ground to the roof? I have same tires (factory rims) and planning ahead for the MC 2.5 or 3.5" lift but need to be able to get it into the garage. It's a standard door of about 79-80"s so its going to be close!

Mine fit in my buddy's garage where we installed the lift and his is a standard door. There was about 4-5" of clearance.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner- I was on vacation where there was no cell service and hadn't checked the forum in a while.

If you still want an exact measurement, let me know.

Sponsored

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Did you need the Method beadlock ring spacers with those tires?

YES! but I didn't know about them ahead of time. Never read anything about it doing research, never saw them offered anywhere I looked for beadlocks lol.

So me and my buddy started mounting tires and when we got to the stage of tightening all the bolts, we kept snapping bolt heads! The bolts just wouldn't tighten like they should. After 2 snapping off, I looked at the included diagram and noticed the spacer, so I got online and searched, and right there in the description for Method beadlock spacers it was: "...to alleviate issues associated with larger tire sidewalls like snapping bolt heads and..." The Cooper STT Pros' sidewall is almost an inch thick! So definitely a necessity.

I had them overnighted from Northridge because of time constraints and never had another problem. But for peace of mind I ordered all new hardware too, since we were torquing on a lot of the other bolts without the spacers as well.

I've been wheelin twice now and driven about 1700 miles and have checked the bolt torques twice- all still right where we left them.

20190526_134255.jpg

20190526_121158.jpg

20190512_105138.jpg

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Mine fit in my buddy's garage where we installed the lift and his is a standard door. There was about 4-5" of clearance.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner- I was on vacation where there was no cell service and hadn't checked the forum in a while.

If you still want an exact measurement, let me know.

I measured exact anyways since I'm back at my shop right now and was thinking about it...

This setup measures 79-79½" from pavement to roof ribs.

First Name
A J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Your rig looks awesome!!! The red wheels turned out great! :like: Love the white with red accents. (Might be a little biased)​

Haha nice thank you! Im in love. I looked you up-what bumper is that on your machine? And does it accept fog lights? I like the bull bar lines. I thought I had seen every bumper.

Looking for a stubby that keeps the winch between the frame rails for max airflow, has fog lights and has some sort of bull bar. So far I have it narrowed down to the Smittybilt Stryker or the one from Hauk, among a few others. Still looking however, because Hauk's is ungodly expensive and the Stryker, well, it has a HUGE "Smittybilt" stamped on it.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha nice thank you! Im in love. I looked you up-what bumper is that on your machine? And does it accept fog lights? I like the bull bar lines. I thought I had seen every bumper.

Looking for a stubby that keeps the winch between the frame rails for max airflow, has fog lights and has some sort of bull bar. So far I have it narrowed down to the Smittybilt Stryker or the one from Hauk, among a few others. Still looking however, because Hauk's is ungodly expensive and the Stryker, well, it has a HUGE "Smittybilt" stamped on it.
My bumper is also a Smittybilt, the XRC. It does have a mounts for fog lights on top of the bull bar. The factory fog lights mounted perfectly also. You can kind of see it in the pic below.
I’m happy with it.
2D0CEF18-16F0-424A-89BF-3FA7CDB694D6.jpeg

AmeriCon1776

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Retter
I did get the gamechanger with all 8 control arms. Coming from a long arm Teraflex setup in my previous JK, it rides much rougher. I can only speculate as to why- I think it's the longer, dual rate coils that allow so much droop. I keep these Cooper tires at 35psi, and that may be part of it, but I kept 35psi in my 35" BFGs on the Teraflex long arms and it rode like a Cadillac.

That being said, with the offroad performance from this Michael bolt-on Metalcloak lift, I hardly care how it rides on the road! Totally amazing!

20190526_121123.jpg
Your springs look awesome!...But doesn't MC say powder coating them voids the warranty?
Sponsored