35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
JayV or Dan W, could either of you please measure the new overall height of the vehicle with 2" lift and 35" tires? Please?
76.5-77”

Depending if I was at 40psi too. Different tire brands are going to change it as well. At 30psi I am running 34” on my nittos. Also how much weight you have, full tank etc.

I’d plan on 79+” to be safe if I were you...
Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
And here she is! It rides smoother than it did with the 35s and stock suspension. I'm just thrilled! I hit the highway briefly for a very short stretch, hitting about 70mph. There was no shimmy, no shake, and it was rock solid. Now I'm letting some air out of the tires. I'm at 34lbs now, and will go to 32 for the chalk test. I couldn't be happier. Here is before and after, at the dealership...

Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash!
Crap! Smoother! Well there goes my budget then! I was all set on same tires as you and just a 1" spacer all around to keep it from rubbing off road... But if you are saying the lift with different springs and fox shocks makes it Smoother ... OK jeep! Take more of my money!

Hold24

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash![/QUOTE]
Crap! Smoother! Well there goes my budget then! I was all set on same tires as you and just a 1" spacer all around to keep it from rubbing off road... But if you are saying the lift with different springs and fox shocks makes it Smoother ... OK jeep! Take more of my money!
I just feel the 2 inch mopar kit on these Jl's jooks to big for 35's. I guess I'll wait until somebody comes out with a smaller lift. I think 37's looks perfect but thats just to big of a tire for me ! I would like a true 1.5 lift .

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
My 35 barely touches the bumper, actually stabilizes the tire.
Matt has a Rubicon, it is designed to carry a 35.

Sponsored

NN39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looks like wheel spacers aren't needed for 35" tires and factory Rubicon wheels. Anyone running 37s on Rubicon wheels without wheel spacers?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash!

I just feel the 2 inch mopar kit on these Jl's jooks to big for 35's. I guess I'll wait until somebody comes out with a smaller lift. I think 37's looks perfect but thats just to big of a tire for me ! I would like a true 1.5 lift .[/QUOTE]
It’s the huge fender flares is what makes it look bigger than it actually is. There is a lot of space in the well now compared to jk. Once somebody puts it on a Sahara or sport it will look more proportional, at least to what we’ve become accustomed to seeing on jk

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I think 37's would be perfect too.
I lifted my Sahara 3 inches front 2 inch rear and with 35's it looked funny, went down to 2inch front/1 inch rear and now it looks good. Any higher I would want 37's.

Last edited:

Klausvanwinkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash!

I just feel the 2 inch mopar kit on these Jl's jooks to big for 35's. I guess I'll wait until somebody comes out with a smaller lift. I think 37's looks perfect but thats just to big of a tire for me ! I would like a true 1.5 lift .
Can you do me a favor and measure the distance from the bottom of the frame rail (under the front door) to the ground? I'm curious how your breakover clearance compares to a JK on 35s with 3.5" lift.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
JayV or Dan W, could either of you please measure the new overall height of the vehicle with 2" lift and 35" tires? Please?
I don’t have the lift yet.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Can you do me a favor and measure the distance from the bottom of the frame rail (under the front door) to the ground? I'm curious how your breakover clearance compares to a JK on 35s with 3.5" lift.[/QUOTE]
I'll do that when I can. I just got home from a 13 hour day at work, and I'm back at it early tomorrow. Maybe Saturday I can take a measurement for you.

One thing to remember. Looks are wonderful, but they don't always add up to good off-road performance. The JLUR has got tremendous flex in the suspension, especially with the sway bar disconnected. If you put 37's on that 2" lift, you'll get some rubbing unless you take fender liners out or modify the fender wells in some way, or if you get wheels that stick way out, which puts more stress on the axles (leverage). I want this thing to be able to fully flex, even with the wheel at full lock in either direction, with the sway bar disconnected, and have no rubbing. This lift/tire/wheel combo should handle burying the wheels way up in the wells, with no rub. I happen to think it looks perfect, because I like looks to reflect function. That's why I like a Wrangler in the first place. Everybody has their own opinions, and that makes the Jeep world MUCH more interesting. There were other considerations, too. I wanted a good ride on the road. Check. I wanted good handling, not wallowy mush or bone-jarring stiffness. It is just right, for me. Check. I wanted a substantial increase in breakover angle, but not so much height that I have to climb up into it. Check. (I'm 6'5"). I wanted it to track straight and true and not follow the grooves in the road. It feels just like it did with the 33's. Check. I didn't want to lose much power from the engine, due to the larger diameter tires. It didn't lose much at all, and the gearing/engine still feels really good. Check. I didn't want the steering to become too vague, again, due to the large tires. Check. I wanted an overall feeling of stability not much different than the stock configuration. Check.

I was honestly VERY nervous about each of those desires. I felt so strongly about it that I was willing to take it all off and go back to the 33's if it wasn't just right, even if I had to swallow a significant loss of money. I feel very lucky it turned out the way it did. I haven't had it off road yet, but I've farted around a bit with it where I can, and so far it feels like it will be a real champ off road, easily besting my JK, which has been amazing.

This configuration happens to work for me, but those are all just my preferences and desires. Someone else may feel completely differently That said, I can't wait to see the different configurations others come up with. That'll be my next new phase of enjoyment with this forum.

Now, I've got a couple things to do to her next. First, the winch needs the kit so I can install it. Then, I've got a 10" LED light bar for the front bumper. (The LED's are so good, I'm not totally sure I need it now.) Then, I'm going to equip it like my JK, with a winch accessory bag, a backpack with basic survival gear and a change of clothes, and other related stuff, tow straps, a receiver mounted shackle, and a fire extinguisher and mount. That's all for another thread, though.