SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
20210914_153509.jpg

Mopar 2"lift, 37x12.5 Yokohama geolander mts,17x9 fuel coverts, synergy front and rear adjustable track bars, hikeit x9 throttle controller.
How are you measuring to know your height? I have a 21 XR which from what I understand comes with a 1.5 lift. I was debating on putting on the 2” mopar lift. I had a 18 JK with the factory 4”. So going from that to a rubicon XR doesn’t even compare.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Dynatrac suspension with .5” spacer front and rear

first pic on 35s, second pics on 37s. Looks almost the same but the 37 looks more balloonish

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit F818F446-C257-4388-B13E-8F3ED4892A54
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit B3DDEEA6-8832-470B-BB5D-31A0E2389AC0

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
How are you measuring to know your height? I have a 21 XR which from what I understand comes with a 1.5 lift. I was debating on putting on the 2” mopar lift. I had a 18 JK with the factory 4”. So going from that to a rubicon XR doesn’t even compare.
So I have been researching that some too. From what I’ve found the XR is measuring at 1.5”. My 2021 JLUR V6 with steel bumpers measured right at 2.5” from stock. I suspect the XR has the shorter sway bar links and shorter lower control arms. I am ordering an XR and plan to have my Mopar lift swapped out with the XR lift.

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have been researching that some too. From what I’ve found the XR is measuring at 1.5”. My 2021 JLUR V6 with steel bumpers measured right at 2.5” from stock. I suspect the XR has the shorter sway bar links and shorter lower control arms. I am ordering an XR and plan to have my Mopar lift swapped out with the XR lift.

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve decided to pull the trigger and have the appointment scheduled for Friday. I was told by a guy that his Jeep Wrangler rubicon is measuring 43.5 from ground to wheel well after the mopar lift. My XR is currently 41”! So I’d be happy with 2”. If it only raises it an 1” won’t be to happy for the amount money it cost.

Sponsored

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve decided to pull the trigger and have the appointment scheduled for Friday. I was told by a guy that his Jeep Wrangler rubicon is measuring 43.5 from ground to wheel well after the mopar lift. My XR is currently 41”! So I’d be happy with 2”. If it only raises it an 1” won’t be to happy for the amount money it cost.
2.5 increase!!

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Measuring to fender is a nice quick check but different tires sizes play into that. When I measure I usually measure from metal rim on the upper spring perch down to axle or bump stop pad. Just be consistent between Jeeps or before and after you do it.. That will give you the exact. My mopar lift gave me exactly 2.5” of lift in all 4 corners from my stock Rubicon. So I wouldn’t think much more than 1” from XR to Mopar.

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy that I believe the guy was running 35” tires. I’m hoping to get some more after I install 37” Nitto trails

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy that I believe the guy was running 35” tires. I’m hoping to get some more after I install 37” Nitto trails
I run 35’s as daily’s and 37’s for wheeling trips. The Mopar lift is a minimum to handle those 37’s. I run 3” of bump stop rear and 2” in front. It’ll rub when flexing on 37’s. 3” of bump up front would be ideal but the springs just aren’t tall enough for that much. I don’t have my XR yet. I’m reading that the front bump stop perch in the XRs is longer so that will change the front I suppose.

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run 35’s as daily’s and 37’s for wheeling trips. The Mopar lift is a minimum to handle those 37’s. I run 3” of bump stop rear and 2” in front. It’ll rub when flexing on 37’s. 3” of bump up front would be ideal but the springs just aren’t tall enough for that much. I don’t have my XR yet. I’m reading that the front bump stop perch in the XRs is longer so that will change the front I suppose.
I don’t anticipate really doing to much off roading. I mainly enjoy the height and big tires. It would be nice if mopar had the 4” for the JL like the Jk.

Sponsored

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t anticipate really doing to much off roading. I mainly enjoy the height and big tires. It would be nice if mopar had the 4” for the JL like the Jk.
You could be ok then. Here’s mine on 37’s with the Mopar lift.

FB825484-EE35-42B0-8701-FAB646A192F9.jpeg

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit IMG_2705.JPG

Willys Diesel, with the Mopar Diesel-specific "2.5" lift on 35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss Muds. (stock Moab wheels in this pic.)

note that this brought the front up 4.3" and the rear up almost 3".
adding a winch and Off-Road bumper brought the front down 0.5" to 3.8" over stock.
in my opinion, it looks pretty well balanced here.

tires did rub their (admittedly massive) side lugs on the Lower Control Arms, even after switching out to a 'bent' design LCA. Mopar 'Bead Lock' wheels got the tires out to where they only just *barely* rub the LCAs.
at full flex they use every bit of the rear fender wells to where there is just barely very light contact. front articulation is not as supple; seems the front Antisway Bars on these things are pretty stiff.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! :rock:

Which rock rails are those? I like how clean they look.

I can’t wait for my lift to be installed later this month.

Mine: @Clayton off-road 3.5 overland lift and 37s on a white Jeep
Thanks, they are the Rock Slide step ones been great so far. What shocks will you be running? I am loving mine. I have the High Rubicon fenders on order and it will be great.