First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet ride. How tall is your jeep now?
Man...I really like it with 35's. Add some flat fenders down the road and it would be perfect in my opinion.
Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see many running the Goodyear MTR's on here. I had them back in 2012 and they seemed to be pretty good tires. Any reason their popularity has decreased over the years or is this just a timing thing?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see many running the Goodyear MTR's on here. I had them back in 2012 and they seemed to be pretty good tires. Any reason their popularity has decreased over the years or is this just a timing thing?
I think their pricing is too high and they don't last long. That's just hearsay, though. I've not priced them nor have I ever run them.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I've run them on two JK's and while I loved them for their light weight(For a 37) their street manners left a lot to be desired when compared to the Toyo/Nitto/Cooper's. I thought they were the loudest of the bunch and required the most weight to balance.
Thats just my experience, others opinions may differ.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I've run them on two JK's and while I loved them for their light weight(For a 37) their street manners left a lot to be desired when compared to the Toyo/Nitto/Cooper's. I thought they were the loudest of the bunch and required the most weight to balance.
Thats just my experience, others opinions may differ.
Hey Chris, saw the photos of your new lift and you flexing it. Can you post some of it just parked so we can see the difference in height. Also I see some people say you should replace the front driveshaft when you go over 3"s. What can you tell us. Sorry if I missed you already talking about it.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I cannot say enough good things about them. Again, after running nearly every single popular name brand MT on a variety of different vehicles, these Mastercraft Courser MXT’s have far exceeded every expectation I have for a MT.

The lighter weight of these tires are great for Jeeps too. On my 1-ton diesel trucks, the weight of the other MT’s was not as much of a concern, but Jeeps certainly respond negatively to the additional weight. With the lighter weight comes a less durable sidewall from their competitors; however, I’m personally not running Moab every weekend and do not need the extremely durable sidewalls and heavier tires.

The icing on the cake is how well and even they are wearing. Without a doubt, I will be staying w/ these tires.

How are they noise wise? I really like the look of this tire.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chris, saw the photos of your new lift and you flexing it. Can you post some of it just parked so we can see the difference in height. Also I see some people say you should replace the front driveshaft when you go over 3"s. What can you tell us. Sorry if I missed you already talking about it.
It's the shock travel that will probably end up ripping the front driveshaft boot, or make it a little short. I've ran Stock driveshafts on all of my JK's with 3.5-4" of lift, but ended up replacing them all when the front boot eventually ended up ripping and spraying grease everywhere when flexing offroad(Again, long travel shocks.) They were fine for several thousand miles on road, and flexing on the forklift, but on the trails they eventually failed(Not to a point where I couldn't drive home or anything.)

I'm currently running in "Mall Crawler" mode without a front driveshaft :headbang: I'm testing a front driveshaft from one of the major vendors, but they are working on finishing the Axle side yoke for the D44. I already have the transfer case side on, and the driveshaft in hand, but didn't really want to put the stock parts back on unless I had an offroad trip planned. I was going to go wheeling this weekend with one of the local Jeep groups, but I just purchased my wife a JL and she wants to go to the beach and practice driving the 6spd doing minor offroading before we attempt to go Rock Crawling.

Anyway, here is a picture of how it sits with the Skyjacker setup
small1.jpg

Sponsored

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
35x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grapples on stock Rubicon wheels no lift no spacers.

20180402_103203.jpg
Looks good...are they clearing well? Have any other pics at diff angles by any chance?

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good...are they clearing well? Have any other pics at diff angles by any chance?
No problems yet. I haven't disconnected yet, but soon. LOL

Kentpickle

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler JLU Rubicon
Last edited: