Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What’d you think of the shocks?
Impressed! 😲........ That’s the short answer.

The long winded answer is........
They are pretty damn sweet. I got the ones for 4.5 - 6 inch lift so I could utilize the full extension of my RK springs. The 2 paired together and having your rig being one giant heim joint makes for some great flexibility.

On the highway, I was equally impressed. The ability to stiffen them up for the long highway / freeway or winding road is awesome. For my needs and setup , I’m very happy with them.

The only thing I wish I would have done different is... buy them from @AccuTune Offroad . They gather your information on your rig and will tune them specifically for your setup. I would like them to go a bit softer off-road but it’s not bad enough to make me pull the trigger on sending them to be re-valved. I had a substantial gift card, combined with coupon code/ sale at Northridge 4x4, I got them very cheap. Maybe when they’re ready to be serviced I’ll have them tuned.
Sorry for the caffeine induced novel, I had to read it to make sure I didn’t start telling you about aunt Edna or some shit......:facepalm:......

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Impressed! 😲........ That’s the short answer.

The long winded answer is........
They are pretty damn sweet. I got the ones for 4.5 - 6 inch lift so I could utilize the full extension of my RK springs. The 2 paired together and having your rig being one giant heim joint makes for some great flexibility.

On the highway, I was equally impressed. The ability to stiffen them up for the long highway / freeway or winding road is awesome. For my needs and setup , I’m very happy with them.

The only thing I wish I would have done different is... buy them from @AccuTune Offroad . They gather your information on your rig and will tune them specifically for your setup. I would like them to go a bit softer off-road but it’s not bad enough to make me pull the trigger on sending them to be re-valved. I had a substantial gift card, combined with coupon code/ sale at Northridge 4x4, I got them very cheap. Maybe when they’re ready to be serviced I’ll have them tuned.
Sorry for the caffeine induced novel, I had to read it to make sure I didn’t start telling you about aunt Edna or some shit......:facepalm:......
Aunt Edna is gonna be pissed that you didn't talk about her new hairdo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Here is my 2021 JLUR.
2" Mopar lift (actually came out to 3")
1/2" front Teraflex spacers
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 37x12.50 r17
Black Rhino Barstow 17x9.5 with -18mm offset

I have recently replaced the Fox shocks with Falcon SP2 3.3 quick adjust shocks because the Fox shocks were way too soft for my setup and had tons of body roll.

PXL_20210203_171539987.jpg

PXL_20210203_171526256.jpg

PXL_20210205_231511835~2.jpg

theutts

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L Billet
How do the rock sports feel (for the price)?
I think the ride is slightly stiffer than stock and I’m not sure if the shocks are causing that or the new springs. However I like the ride better because I don’t seem to have the body roll as before. I haven’t taken it out yet to comment how they would do on the trail. So far I’m happy. Probably will upgrade to an adjustable shock later.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I think the ride is slightly stiffer than stock and I’m not sure if the shocks are causing that or the new springs. However I like the ride better because I don’t seem to have the body roll as before. I haven’t taken it out yet to comment how they would do on the trail. So far I’m happy. Probably will upgrade to an adjustable shock later.
You think it needs a re-gear or does the 2.0 push her along ok?

theutts

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L Billet
You think it needs a re-gear or does the 2.0 push her along ok?
I’m not going to re gear. It seems to scoot along pretty good still. Braking is good also. I had a Silverado 2500HD that once I put a lift, wheels & tires the brakes went to crap. So I am impressed with the whole set up so far. I’m running about 6mph over the odometer at 60mph.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember right, MC themselves wrote in one of the threads that they go with a stiff spring and soft shock philosophy.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not going to re gear. It seems to scoot along pretty good still. Braking is good also. I had a Silverado 2500HD that once I put a lift, wheels & tires the brakes went to crap. So I am impressed with the whole set up so far. I’m running about 6mph over the odometer at 60mph.
If you're still programmed for the smaller tire size, your shift points won't be as accurate. The 8-speed performs much better when fed accurate inputs, like tire size, gear ratio, etc.

And, great looking Rubi you've got there!
Sponsored