Sponsored

35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
One more question. I’ve seen a person or two mention the MC rear sway bar drop spacers puts the rear sway bar close to the DEF tank. Any issues or comments on that?
So far I haven't had any issues with the lift, I'll have to crawl under it tomorrow to confirm there's no rubbing of the rear swayer.
Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
One more question. I’ve seen a person or two mention the MC rear sway bar drop spacers puts the rear sway bar close to the DEF tank. Any issues or comments on that?
I just crawled under the Jeep to check out the sway bar and the DEF tank. Looks like I have 1/2"-3/4" between the two. I know in the instructions there are two ways to install the sway bar. I flipped mine per the instructions and used the spacers.

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
So far I haven't had any issues with the lift, I'll have to crawl under it tomorrow to confirm there's no rubbing
I just crawled under the Jeep to check out the sway bar and the DEF tank. Looks like I have 1/2"-3/4" between the two. I know in the instructions there are two ways to install the sway bar. I flipped mine per the instructions and used the spacers.
Great. Thanks for checking on that for me!!

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Not sure if anyone else has a set of these wheels yet - maybe I'm the first? Here's a teaser pick of the new Warn Jackhammer wheels with 37x12.50's.

Special thanks to Marcus at River City Offroad in Dripping Springs, TX. I placed an order for these directly with Marcus and they arrived at their shop extremely fast. I was hoping to have Marcus and crew mount/balance these when I picked them up, but their shop was stacked with trucks ahead of me. Marcus took the time to call around to a couple tire shops near them on my behalf. Seriously top notch customer service from the guys at @River City Offroad

(No, I'm not sponsored by them. Yes, I did pay full price for these. No, they didn't pay me to say any of that.)

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit IMG_0964

Last edited:

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Not sure if anyone else has a set of these wheels yet - maybe I'm the first? Here's a teaser pick of the new Warn Jackhammer wheels with 37x12.50's.

Those wheels look great.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Those wheels look great.
Thanks! Ironically the road noise from the Mastercraft MT's got much louder after swapping the tires to these wheels from the OEM Rubicon wheels at the same tire pressure. I assume it's because of the wider wheel.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Thanks! Ironically the road noise from the Mastercraft MT's got much louder after swapping the tires to these wheels from the OEM Rubicon wheels at the same tire pressure. I assume it's because of the wider wheel.
Yes, wider wheel won't necessarily cause a change in road noise, but CHANGING to a different wheel with could definitely do that as its a change to the established wear pattern. In other words, I wouldn't assume someone installing these tires brand new on the same wheel size might result in normal road noise.

Hopefully your tires quiet down a little as they wear, but you might have to get lucky!

New setup looks great BTW.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Yes, wider wheel won't necessarily cause a change in road noise, but CHANGING to a different wheel with could definitely do that as its a change to the established wear pattern. In other words, I wouldn't assume someone installing these tires brand new on the same wheel size might result in normal road noise.

Hopefully your tires quiet down a little as they wear, but you might have to get lucky!

New setup looks great BTW.
I don't think luck is on my side here - I've had this set of 37's on the stock Rubicon wheels for about ~12,000 miles prior to moving them over to these new wheels haha

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Funny you guys talking about your jeeps compared to stock ones. While it for a midnight therapy ride last Saturday, I saw a black Rubi on a local dealers lot. Had an empty spot next to it, so i decided to make a pit stop. Just a visual, as I didn't have a tape with me. I've got 38x13.50's under a 3.5" metalcloak lift.
Ugh, I feel like your jeep is just always there to tease me while I wait for my MC lift to come in. We have very similar tastes haha. What product are you using to carry that big ol' 38 on the back?

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think luck is on my side here - I've had this set of 37's on the stock Rubicon wheels for about ~12,000 miles prior to moving them over to these new wheels haha
Lol, you're probably right!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, I feel like your jeep is just always there to tease me while I wait for my MC lift to come in. We have very similar tastes haha. What product are you using to carry that big ol' 38 on the back?
Right? Whenever I see @Headbarcode post, I kick myself for doing the 2.5" MC Gamechanger lift (on 37s) instead of the 3.5". And damn if I don't look good, but you know...big lift envy...

2 Jeeps.jpg

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Right? Whenever I see @Headbarcode post, I kick myself for doing the 2.5" MC Gamechanger lift (on 37s) instead of the 3.5". And damn if I don't look good, but you know...big lift envy...

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 2 Jeeps
Well, when it's time for tires, just grab yourself a set of 3.5" springs at the same time ;). I went back and forth for so long, but I knew if I went 2.5/37s or 3.5/37s I would be looking at 38s within 6 months.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 2 Jeeps
Yeah...seeing his with the 3.5" springs makes me want to swap springs from my 2.5" HD springs, but I think mine sit closer to 3" so I don't think it's worth it in my case...but I feel you!