35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
I know the cooper tires are lighter then the Toyos MT but they look like the lugs are more aggressive and would be a lot louder then the toyo MT .I talked to my friends at Discount tire that are managers at different stores. They al said the toyo hands down is a better built tire and not as loud when is gets worn about half way. Th e reason the cooper is light and you have to cut rubber and belts to get the weight off. I trust what they say because they all have been managers at discount tire for over 25 yrs and have seen it all. I wil go with nittos ridge grapplers or toyos MT when i get my JL
Sorry to say but those managers don't know jack shit.

Yes I watch the video but I don't believe everything I see in videos but I'm not saying it's not a good Tire and I agree you don't need a E tire on a Jeep. right now I have 35s Goodyear MTRs. It's a c-rated tire so it's lightweight only thing you could put them on as a Jeep or a half ton pickup you couldn't put them on a heavy duty pickup I do not like them they're loud only reason I bought them is I had just put 285 for about a year on my Jeep and then I lifted it in then I was going to put 35 in about a year later. my friend called and said come down I got some tires that somebody put on their Jeep they never had a Jeep before or mud tires they hate them they're too loud they were rookie never had a Mt tires before. discount will do that for a customer you can trade tires out one time if you're not happy no matter what it is car truck or Jeep anything. I said I don't want Goodyear MTRs he said 1100 for all five and I'll give you 300 for your tires that are year old the 285 trade in 800 out the door. nobody would turn that deal down I said put them. That tire supposed to have the extra Kevlar side wall protection BS I punctured something going down the highway. woke up one morning walk out in the garage tires flat side walls runied so I don't believe everything I hear. But that's like California when you go out there all you see if Mickey Thompsons that's a soft tire and they like them out here you won't see that in Texas people don't run too much at all everything out here is Nittos and toyo's. I might even do the ridge Grappler that still has the mud tire sidewall look but very quiet on the highway I'm getting to the point where I'm not liking the noise anymore at my age wife and kids don't like to hear the noise anymore either can't even hear the radio anymore starting to get away from my tires completely that's why the ritge Grappler is so popular in this area people love it everyone said it's quiet still has that MT sidewall look
And dude. Please, do us all a huge favor. Take a few seconds to edit/proof read your posts. At your age spelling and punctuation should be second nature. Every time I come across your posts it's a complete mess.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Well they've been managers for over 25 years so I would say yes they do . I guess you're not familiar with Discount Tire and how much volume they do every month. Around Dallas Fort Worth area and Texas Cooper's aren't that big of a seller they don't sell hardly any there Toyo and nittos is what everyone runs around here. 4 wheel parts doesn't really even sell them much you call and talk to them and they don't even know much about the tire because no one asked for them. Coppell Texas is one of their big distribution centers for four wheel parts 20 minutes from my house. They ship out everything everything they sell out that warehouse for about 15 states and they don't hardly even sell Cooper Tires it's more like a Pep Boy seller or Internet and that's what four wheel parts says.I guess they don't know anything.. most your four-wheel drive shops in places like that don't even stock it they have to special order it I'm not sure where you live but out here like I said most everyone runs toyos and nittos. I guess they're bad tires okay right on
If don't like reading my post don't read them like change the channel. No ones making you read them I use talk text as I'm driving so I'm not going to use periods and commas while I'm driving if you don't like it don't read them move on.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Which Toyos are you running ? the MT or the RT ? The RT is really quiet but not as aggressive looking as a MT tire. But that Nitto ridge grappler really has a aggressive side wall but is still not very loud everyone says that has them
I went with the M/T and I may have over emphasized on my comment . With windows up I can still carry on a conversation just fine ...Maybe its due to me not being use to them being so new

They all have a growl to them but that's what I signed up for with this Mod !

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Of all the MTs Toyos are the quietest. You can go with a Toyo RT but it doesn't look as aggressive. it depends on what you want. That's why I've always run MTs for years because I like that look of the Mt. When you fix your Jeep up all rugged looking you don't want to put a street tire on it LOL The Nitto Ridge Grappler has that rugged sidewall and it's pretty quiet. A lot of people running the ridge Grappler really like it and say it's pretty quiet

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the MTs Toyos are the quietest. You can go with a Toyo RT but it doesn't look as aggressive. it depends on what you want. That's why I've always run MTs for years because I like that look of the Mt. When you fix your Jeep up all rugged looking you don't want to put a street tire on it LOL The Nitto Ridge Grappler has that rugged sidewall and it's pretty quiet. A lot of people running the ridge Grappler really like it and say it's pretty quiet
Toyos are not the quietest MT... Not saying they are not a great tire but there are better options for road noise.
Out of the MTs I have tried/installed the Hankook Dynapro MT, Yokohama Geolandar, Kumho KL71, and STT Pro are quieter. The KL71 are probably the best street MT I've ever had on a Jeep, but they are directional so I wouldn't use them again.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I had hakook on a truck before lot of people use them on their work trucks it's good tire from Japan I think it is very stiff hard ride I would not go back and use them again

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
And dude. Please, do us all a huge favor. Take a few seconds to edit/proof read your posts. At your age spelling and punctuation should be second nature. Every time I come across your posts it's a complete mess.
Thank you. I struggled through these mess of posts in several topics, now I just skip over them all together thanks to the ignore feature.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Can someone, anyone answer this question for me please? This is my first owned Jeep. So I’m new to all this.

If I get 20” Wheels on 35” x12” tires on my JL Sahara without a lift will it rub at all?

Sponsored

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
I have 37's with the 6spd. I actually prefer the longer first gear with the 37s, but do find myself shifting gears frequently on the highway(avg speeds probably 55-65 through the city.) I rarely use 6th gear at those speeds, but it may be usable at 75. Shifting down to 4th I have plenty of passing power, but I have to do it more than I would like to...
I will end up going with gears, but for now it's liveable.
Thanks for the info. What wheels and tires are you running?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. What wheels and tires are you running?
Anytime,
I am running 17x9 KMC XD229 Machete Beadlocks with 37x13.50r17 Cooper STT Pro(Heavy combination.)
Beadlocks assembled.jpg

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Anytime,
I am running 17x9 KMC XD229 Machete Beadlocks with 37x13.50r17 Cooper STT Pro(Heavy combination.)
Beadlocks assembled.jpg
I don't like black wheels but that's one beautiful setup.

I know. My JL has mostly black wheels. LOL I didn't pick them, they came on it.

JJW_ND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
JMHO.....Tire noise is from tread design and tread width. Back before computer designed tread, tires were louder if they were wider and or they got louder as they wore... same tire in different widths on same truck. It is amazing how you can quiet tires down with design these days. I would swear my Nitto TG get quieter as they wear and then noisy just after rotate. But overall an amazingly quiet tire. I do run narrow as I can ...285 width or less. These nittos are also noisier when cold and quiet down as they warm up....especially noticeable in the winter.

I see a lot of comments about weight, especially as it relates to load rating. Again..when I look at the Nitto Trail Grappler line, they get heavier by size...not ply, it seems. A 35" E rated tire that is narrow LT285/75R18 is lightest at 69.84lbs then a 35x11.50R18E (72.19lbs or even heavier a 35x12.50R18 at 81.01lbs. Even the 35x11.5R17 load range C is heavier at 72.6lbs then the 285 tire above.. From my tire experience, and how I use my vehicles, I want a tall, narrow, and light tire. That generally means a load range E which I have not found to be an issue. You air up based on chalk test and ride is fine.

TTEChris.....whats you experiece with the same size tire (maybe even brand) and load range?

jjw
ND

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Anytime,
Beadlocks assembled.jpg
I agree with OnlyOne, that is a very nice looking setup. Ive been enjoying the look of the Pro Comp 29 Series lately which are about 10lbs less per wheel. I would like to run those tires. Im hoping that lighter wheels and less weight on the 2 door JLR and possibly the slightly lighter 37x12.5 STTs or MXTs if need be, will give a little more pep at highway speeds since I’d prefer to avoid regearing.
Sponsored