OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Since I have to fit my takeoffs in the back, I have to get something and Mopar is all there is.. going to try the Smittybilt Relocation bracket 79$ and Mopar reinforcement 600.....just can’t risk a 500mile drive home with 37’s on there.. my wheel weighs 29# and the KO2 is 71..... just going to bite the bullet. ....BTW, that’s probably a good question.. will the takeoffs fit in the back with the seats down or should I rent a little trailer?
It will be fine. I’ve got a RC relo kit on mine with the factory wheel and 37”KO2 and it’s just fine. There’s a lot of hype about this but I think the tailgate is pretty tough. Much more so than the JK gate. All the tires will fit just fine with the seats folded. Mine did. Hell, I fit all 5 37’s in it with the seat down.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
this isnt mine, im still waiting for it, this is the dealers but it looks like it gives the Rubicon a full 2" over stock and enough space for the 37's to articulate some... looks like an old JK with a 4" lift and 37's in person..

i test drove it and the new 8 speed and 4:10's did decent with the 37's... after driving the stock Rubi it was crazy how different the 37's felt... wasnt bad up to 55mph but once i got it on the freeway, anything over 60-65 didnt feel awesome. The stock 33's drive so good its stupid... i think i am leaning towards a 2" and 35" KO2's...
Was it that bad with 37s ? man i like the 35s but have that now on my JK. I really want that look with the 37s now it looks so bad as# with the 37s

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
Silver: 35's and Mopar 2"
White: 37's and RC 2.5 Budget Boost
DSC_0867.JPG
How are the road manners at highway speeds? Mine will be a DD with a few eight hour trips each year. I had a JKU with 35s and it was fine....comparable?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
How are the road manners at highway speeds? Mine will be a DD with a few eight hour trips each year. I had a JKU with 35s and it was fine....comparable?
Drives great on the highway. I would say better than a JKU. My only complaint is heavy crosswinds seem to push me around a bit, but I had the same problem with all my JKs.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Looking for pics of some white lettered bfg at ko2s installed on some members JL's, I'm old
School and like that look much better than blacks out.. Thanks for any pics
Look at this https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/da446a95-17cf-4815-bf21-90dfe7f6e869-jpeg.18540/ this is from this thread...Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels?

I used to like white letters out and I still do on the right Jeep. The black Jeep in this pic and the white letters looks good. For my last 2 JK's I skipped the white letters or put them in. Think no white letters just fits the modern style of the JK/JL better. But in the end I like it both ways...I'm like a 51/49 on it. I'll skip the white letters again when my JL arrives too.

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
Look at this https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/da446a95-17cf-4815-bf21-90dfe7f6e869-jpeg.18540/ this is from this thread...Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels?

I used to like white letters out and I still do on the right Jeep. The black Jeep in this pic and the white letters looks good. For my last 2 JK's I skipped the white letters or put them in. Think no white letters just fits the modern style of the JK/JL better. But in the end I like it both ways...I'm like a 51/49 on it. I'll skip the white letters again when my JL arrives too.
That’s funny...was thinking about the same thing. White out on my Ram with chrome wheels. Not sure I can switch to black and black letters...too much for this old fart to change.

Mark16830

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Correction officer

I used to like white letters out and I still do on the right Jeep. The black Jeep in this pic and the white letters looks good. For my last 2 JK's I skipped the white letters or put them in. Think no white letters just fits the modern style of the JK/JL better. But in the end I like it both ways...I'm like a 51/49 on it. I'll skip the white letters again when my JL arrives too.[/QUOTE

That look's awesome, thanks for finding this pic... I'm gonna go all white Rubi I think or maybe billet silver..

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Was it that bad with 37s ? man i like the 35s but have that now on my JK. I really want that look with the 37s now it looks so bad as# with the 37s
This particular Jeep with 37's sucked on the highway because it had 37 BFGoodrick Krawlers... they are an extreme rock krawler tire that weighed 88-85lbs and were very noise and rough riding.

i have 37's on my new JL and it rocks, no regrets at all. Great in Moab, great around town (still very peppy) and does 75mph with confidence... you just have to get the right 37's for your type of driving and use.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This particular Jeep with 37's sucked on the highway because it had 37 BFGoodrick Krawlers... they are an extreme rock krawler tire that weighed 88-85lbs and were very noise and rough riding.

I have 37's on my new JL and it rocks, no regrets at all. Great in Moab, great around town (still very peppy) and does 75mph with confidence... you just have to get the right 37's for your type of driving and use.
which 37s do you have ? i know the Toyos mt rae\\\are a little loud but they are the quote of all the mts. the toyo rt has been popular and the ridge grapplers also and it really looks good to. but i really like the look of the Toyo MTs. what did you put ? anyone not happy with the toyos mt ?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
which 37s do you have ? i know the Toyos mt rae\\\are a little loud but they are the quote of all the mts. the toyo rt has been popular and the ridge grapplers also and it really looks good to. but i really like the look of the Toyo MTs. what did you put ? anyone not happy with the toyos mt ?
The Toyo is great tire and long lasting but heavy as hell just like thr trail grapplers. The 2 lightest tires I've found are the stt pro's and the couser MT. These tires weigh about 72 pounds and the tires you're talking about weigh about 90 pounds.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The Toyo my is great tire and long lasting but heavy as hell just like thr trail grapplers. The 2 lightest tires I've found are the stt pro's and the couser MT. These tires weigh about 72 pounds and the tires you're talking about weigh about 90 pounds.
Even though they might weigh more do they last longer ? i dont know but i do know they are made well and should last long if i go with the good luck i had on my F 250 with the 40s i had

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Even though they might weigh more do they last longer ? i dont know but i do know they are made well and should last long if i go with the good luck i had on my F 250 with the 40s i had
Yeah they do last a long time. I had them on my f-150 and they were great but that's when I lived in California. I was talking about tires at the 4wheel parts here in PA and he said most customers here don't care for them because they don't do well in the rain. I don't know if that's true or not but I do know the heavy tires kill that little six cylinder motor.
Sponsored