35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
on the new JL there are people cutting te lower art of the fender of and running no lift with 37s and 2.5 lift with fenders cut and 40s its crazy. heres is the 37s stock and 2.5 lift with 40s
FB_IMG_1520229713041.jpg
received_1829153163803774 (1).jpeg
Those 40s are awesome. What's needed for this??

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Finally picker her up from the dealer today... Today, gave her her fist meal and installed tires/wheels... Tomorrow, get her new lift installed.... drives amazing with 37's, crazy how well 37's fit on a stock JL, almost feels better than the stock, feels more planted... tires are quite, almost as quite as the KO2's. Engine and Tranny handle bigger tires with ease!

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

Last edited:

amps

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Finally picker her up from the dealer today... Day 1 gave her her fist meal and installed tires/wheels... Tomorrow i will burp her and get her new lift installed.... she drives amazing with 37's, crazy how 37's fit on a stock JL, almost feels better than the stock, feels more planted... tires are very quite, almost as quite as the KO2's. Engine and Tranny handle bigger tires with ease!
Its amazing how nice that looks with 37s and no lift!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
JL Rubicon, 2" Mopar Lift with 37" tires!

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG
I dont know why the mopar 2inch lift seems so much higher then a 2. i have been told by some one who does a lot of them that they are really getting close to 2.5 and 3 on these. if you look at the other spacer lifts out there like rough country and ready lift there 2.5 and Rubicon express 2 doesn't look as high as the mopar 2

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Finally picker her up from the dealer today... Today, gave her her fist meal and installed tires/wheels... Tomorrow, get her new lift installed.... drives amazing with 37's, crazy how well 37's fit on a stock JL, almost feels better than the stock, feels more planted... tires are quite, almost as quite as the KO2's. Engine and Tranny handle bigger tires with ease!

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG
WOW That does look good. at the show last weekend they had a stock JL no lift with the 37s and the bottom part of the fender cut out and it look and lots of room. and they had the 2.5 lift with the fenders also cut and crawller concepts has the fenders cut out with 40s
FB_IMG_1520229744983.jpg
here are the 2 photos

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
WOW That does look good. at the show last weekend they had a stock JL no lift with the 37s and the bottom part of the fender cut out and it look and lots of room. and they had the 2.5 lift with the fenders also cut and crawller concepts has the fenders cut out with 40s
FB_IMG_1520229744983.jpg
here are the 2 photos
If you just cut the fender some you might not have to do a lift. what i wondering is if someone takes the stock fenders off and puts one that doesn't come down as far you might not have to even put a lift. as you can see in this photo with the fenders cut and no lift with 37s what do you think ? i think it might be too much wheel well after someone gets after market fenders with the 2.5 lift because they are running 40s with that set up here also

CaliMat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG
Wow, that looks like a beast.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
case in point... here is that pic of a Rubi with 2" lift with 35's that has been floating around:

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 4.24.41 PM.png
I think tt looks better with 37s. just a little too much wheel well i think since the rubi already sits high

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Need your input guys, found some MXT's in a 37X12.5X17 that i can get for 238.00 per tires, that includes shipping and taxes.. only 1190.00 for the whole set of 5... the 35's version of this MXT are only 8.00 less per tires... i am trapped between which ones i want on my New Rubi JL... the 35's are only 62lbs and would ride really nice compared to stock, the 37's are 69lbs and simply look a little cooler and would be a bit better off-road... trade off's right? i would welcome your input, especially if you have some experience... i am only going to do a 2" or 3" lift...
where can you get that in a 37 12.5 17 for 238 a tire ? i would like to get them at that price ? wonder how much the toyo mt 37 weighs in at a tire ?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The bittersweet deal is AEV will be the last to the table on JL specific wheels and lifts, but in my opinion and usage one of the best. I love the look of the Salta wheels so I will probably use them until a JL specific wheel comes out. In my correspondence to them, them would not say specifically that they were even making a Salta wheel for the JL. The spare tire does not sit directly on the camera "shaft" so I don't think machining that area would affect the integrity of the carrier, however I do like the plate option with longer bolts. I ordered the Heavy Duty tire carrier reinforcement and relocation pieces from Mopar, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know if that option has any affect on the camera shaft.
I've seen so many AEV wheels crack on the trail, I'd never run them. I once watched a guy with AEV Pintlers lose one wheel after another. They cracked and started leaking air and by the end of the trail, 3 of the 4 cracked and wouldnt hold air. No thanks.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Nice setup. The rims and tires are awesome. Did you add a lift?
is that lifted ? and are those 35s ? I have those wheels too on my JK and are going to put them on my JL when i get it. i looked and looked at so many wheels and i think that is still the best looking wheel for me. didn't want to go with it again after having it all most 5 yrs but i still like it a lot and everyone always pick that wheel when i showed them others and that wheel
Sponsored