Sponsored

35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
JL Rubicon, 2" Mopar Lift with 37" tires!

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG
What kind of MPG are you getting? This looks like a sweet set up!
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Great questions, here are my thoughts:

It rides great on the pavement and runs at 70 mph down the rutted alaska roads (studded tire grooves) with ease. I'm going wheeling this weekend and will have better thoughts after the trip!

12.5” wide Cooper is a load rated D tire while the 13.5 is an E which is really stiff for a Jeep. I'd stick with a D rated tire.

3.5” lift to give a little extra clearance when loaded down with 4 people and gear (and I prefer the stance)

Shocks - I was in a hurry and bought falcon shocks that are for a 2-3" lift since they were available when I needed them. They are a bit short for this lift and will limit the droop. I'll probably sell the shocks once more longer shock options come out. I really should have just bought the Evo shock extensions for now but oh well.

Stage II Evo lift - Stage II provides adjustable lower control arms which you need to adjust caster. The arms are BEEFY with johnny joint ends. Nothing rattles and the install went smoothly. There are a lot of good companies out there but I chose Evo for a couple reasons: all the kits can be upgraded as you go, such as going from stage II to stage IV or swapping in long arms or coil overs. They have a lot of options. I like the use of johnny joints. If you watch a few videos of Evo running the Baja 1000 with the suspension and parts they sell, it is pretty cool. They rock crawl and race and that diverse experience goes into the suspension they sell.

Best of luck in your decision! If I were to do it over I'd run this same setup again (with the exception of buying longer shocks next time)!
I would love to buy those Falcon shocks from you when you're ready to sell them.

Will da Thrill

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Which light bar mount is that!? I have been looking all over and waiting for releases....Hammerhead has one out(I think its ugly), DV8 and go Rhino's are still in production.
You guessed it! It's the Hammerhead brackets. They have 2 models and I chose the one that just has the "HH" carved into it...which looks nice to me. The other was a bit gaudy for my taste.

Rathmoon

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
You guessed it! It's the Hammerhead brackets. They have 2 models and I chose the one that just has the "HH" carved into it...which looks nice to me. The other was a bit gaudy for my taste.
Thanks dude! I just went to their site, the HH is way nicer...DV8 has some coming out for about 85$ at the end of the month I hope. I may wait for those.Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Great questions, here are my thoughts:

It rides great on the pavement and runs at 70 mph down the rutted alaska roads (studded tire grooves) with ease. I'm going wheeling this weekend and will have better thoughts after the trip!

12.5” wide Cooper is a load rated D tire while the 13.5 is an E which is really stiff for a Jeep. I'd stick with a D rated tire.

3.5” lift to give a little extra clearance when loaded down with 4 people and gear (and I prefer the stance)

Shocks - I was in a hurry and bought falcon shocks that are for a 2-3" lift since they were available when I needed them. They are a bit short for this lift and will limit the droop. I'll probably sell the shocks once more longer shock options come out. I really should have just bought the Evo shock extensions for now but oh well.

Stage II Evo lift - Stage II provides adjustable lower control arms which you need to adjust caster. The arms are BEEFY with johnny joint ends. Nothing rattles and the install went smoothly. There are a lot of good companies out there but I chose Evo for a couple reasons: all the kits can be upgraded as you go, such as going from stage II to stage IV or swapping in long arms or coil overs. They have a lot of options. I like the use of johnny joints. If you watch a few videos of Evo running the Baja 1000 with the suspension and parts they sell, it is pretty cool. They rock crawl and race and that diverse experience goes into the suspension they sell.

Best of luck in your decision! If I were to do it over I'd run this same setup again (with the exception of buying longer shocks next time)!

This was one of my choices except with kings 3-5 and MTRs.
I've seen evo and is awesome however the only reason holding me back was "track bars".

how can you lift 3.5 with no track bars!
I went with RK xfactor. looked more complete to me and a trusted quality as Evo.

did you add track bars yourself?

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This was one of my choices except with kings 3-5 and MTRs.
I've seen evo and is awesome however the only reason holding me back was "track bars".

how can you lift 3.5 with no track bars!
I went with RK xfactor. looked more complete to me and a trusted quality as Evo.

did you add track bars yourself?
Yes, I did add an adjustable front trackbar (Rough Country) during the install. The suspension comes with a heavy duty riser bracket for the rear trackbar so you use the stock trackbar in the rear.

Evo does call out on their website that a front trackbar is needed but not included. I think they must want to give folks the option to buy whatever trackbar they want since there are a lot of options out there?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So we ordered our JLUR about 2 months ago with plans on leaving it stock. About 3 weeks before it arrived we had already ordered the MOPAR lift, with the plans of running 315/70R 17 BFG's. Got the lift done at the dealer, then dropped it off at the tire store. Showed up a little later to find the 315/70R 17" looked very small and our 2" lift had produced more clearance than expected. That was yesterday. Today we installed 37x13.50R 17 on our ICON wheels and we love it. The dealer reprogrammed the speedometer, which also included changing all of the shift points to account for the 37" tires. To be honest, I kinda liked the 315's , but the wife really wanted the 37's. So being this is her daily driver, she got her wish. Couldn't be happier! Next step is bumpers! Spent the extra money on the steel bumpers, thinking I could mount a tow bar on the front.. but it's plastic where the mount would have to go.
37s look so good with the Mopar lift. It says 2 but it lifts it 3 as you know. Here's mine 37s with the Mopar lift
Screenshot_20180813-074142_Gallery.jpg

20180810_130006.jpg
Ă“

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
2.5" lift, 37" Milestar Patagonia's, Synergy 1.75" wheel spacers.

JL.jpg

JL2.jpg
I know a lot of people running the stock wheels on 37 1250 but I'm telling you Discount Tire and four wheel parts will not do it Discount Tire did fir somebody and the wheel lost its air pressure they flipped killed himself. they had a 10 million dollar lawsuit on the highway so yes it can happen. that's why they will not mount a 37 1250 on a stock will I know people do it but I'm just telling you what happened to Discount Tire. That's why them and four wheel parts will not do it. The will is not wide enough and not recommended for that size tire to tire companies will tell you it's not recommended because of safety. I I won't do it it's not worth it I like to stock wheels but I didn't out them on there

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I know a lot of people running the stock wheels on 37 1250 but I'm telling you Discount Tire and four wheel parts will not do it Discount Tire did fir somebody and the wheel lost its air pressure they flipped killed himself. they had a 10 million dollar lawsuit on the highway so yes it can happen. that's why they will not mount a 37 1250 on a stock will I know people do it but I'm just telling you what happened to Discount Tire. That's why them and four wheel parts will not do it. The will is not wide enough and not recommended for that size tire to tire companies will tell you it's not recommended because of safety. I I won't do it it's not worth it I like to stock wheels but I didn't out them on there
LMAO go to 4 Wheel Parts Carlisle PA Facebook page and get back with me on that. LOL

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
LMAO go to 4 Wheel Parts Carlisle PA Facebook page and get back with me on that. LOL
I live in Texas and the Coppell store is the distribution center for seven or eight states and they don't do it. and the other ones in the Dallas-Fort Worth area won't either. I don't care about Pennsylvania. tDiscount Tire won't do it they pay 10 million in a lawsuit look that one up LOL maybe you cant afford new Wheels that's probably it. why put a narrow wheel on a wide tire when the tire will look better when it's wider and pulled out with a wider wheel.
Sponsored