First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Interesting thing, I went to my 4wd store here in NJ,and they would not mount 35`s on a stock Rubicon rim. He explained why and after being in business since 1979 said they would rather loose a sale. He even went as far as calling BFG on speaker in the office and I had a great conversation with them.. let’s face it anything can be done if you want it, around here it’s hard to find someone who knows and has the equipment to do it
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Interesting thing, I went to my 4wd store here in NJ,and they would not mount 35`s on a stock Rubicon rim. He explained why and after being in business since 1979 said they would rather loose a sale. He even went as far as calling BFG on speaker in the office and I had a great conversation with them.. let’s face it anything can be done if you want it, around here it’s hard to find someone who knows and has the equipment to do it
That’s too bad. With proper air pressure the stock wheel works very well with 37x12.5.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Any issues with the 37's on the stock 17 - 7.5 wheels? Tire discounters told me today that a 37" tire wouldn't work on a 7.5 wheel, but some others on here disagreed saying they would work. I've seen those rubi wheels on here with 37's, just curious if you've noticed any issues? Thanks
37’s are just fine with the stock wheels.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any issues with the 37's on the stock 17 - 7.5 wheels? Tire discounters told me today that a 37" tire wouldn't work on a 7.5 wheel, but some others on here disagreed saying they would work. I've seen those rubi wheels on here with 37's, just curious if you've noticed any issues? Thanks
I wouldn’t recommend wider than 12.5” though. Also, you may have to rotate them more often to keep them wearing evenly.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
There are a few threads on here that go back and forth on the topic. Discount tire also told me it was company policy not to mount 37"s on the factory rim so I had to go to Big-O. My understanding is they claim the smaller rim will cause tire to bow out in the center causing uneven wear which is a warranty issue for them. My take away there is make sure you are running at the appropriate lower PSI to compensate. I honestly haven't put enough miles on them yet to see issues but I don't expect so based on feedback from others here who continue to give the thumb up.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Thanks Man - I appreciate it.
I'm a fan of the "stock" look - If someone made my JL Rubi wheel in 8.5" and correct backspacing I would run that. But the old Hardrock wheel is a great compromise and it comes in a few different colors.
That is why I'm looking at these Quadratec '41 Wheels. They have same dimensions as the Hardrock wheel

Black 41.jpg

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
That spare has no spacer so it stays nice and tight.

I used the mopar reinforcement bracket and relocation bracket.
Again, thanks for that. I really love those stock wheels and won't to replace them.
Sponsored