First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
No not at all. I see no need it's not a DD so I don't care about gas mileage. Performance is light years ahead of my jk
Do you have any idea what the gas mileage would be right now? I really want these tires but it will be my DD so I don't want to go back to 13 MPG that my JK with 35s and 513 gears get.

flyinbrian929

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you have any idea what the gas mileage would be right now? I really want these tires but it will be my DD so I don't want to go back to 13 MPG that my JK with 35s and 513 gears get.
I can't say yet still have less then 500miles. I would suggest a different vehicle all together. I barley got 17-18 with stock tires so I'm not sure looking gas savings in a jeep is smart. Buy a used civic an use the jeep as a purpose built

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I can't say yet still have less then 500miles. I would suggest a different vehicle all together. I barley got 17-18 with stock tires so I'm not sure looking gas savings in a jeep is smart. Buy a used civic an use the jeep as a purpose built
You sound cool.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Alla yinz, get back to work. And where’s the damn lifted 2-doors in this thread? Out having fun I guess

Sponsored

Wojo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Financial Advisor
And here she is! It rides smoother than it did with the 35s and stock suspension. I'm just thrilled! I hit the highway briefly for a very short stretch, hitting about 70mph. There was no shimmy, no shake, and it was rock solid. Now I'm letting some air out of the tires. I'm at 34lbs now, and will go to 32 for the chalk test. I couldn't be happier. Here is before and after, at the dealership...

Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash!
Looks awesome! I have the exact same Red Rubi with the same wheels and have been thinking about doing the same thing so I am so happy you posted these pics. Can you provide more details, tire type and size and lift type/height you went with?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! I have the exact same Red Rubi with the same wheels and have been thinking about doing the same thing so I am so happy you posted these pics. Can you provide more details, tire type and size and lift type/height you went with?
Mopar 2 inch (it's more like 3) and 315/70/17 BFG KO2s with a C load rating. I've got 6500 miles on the lift now and absolutely wouldn't change a thing. It is especially good off road.

vrtraa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR / 2018 Jeep Compass(wife)
Occupation
Infantry swaped to UAS Operator (MQ-1C)
Picked her up on Wednesday from the dealer and went straight to the shop for the lift and tires. RK 2.5”. 37x12.50x17 Coopers. Icon Rebound wheels.
upload_2018-7-20_20-52-46.jpeg
Sponsored