35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I took a customer home today with the top down/windows up, and he commented how quiet my tires were(He is not a Jeep/truck guy.) He told me before he got in the Jeep that he hated loud tires that are normally associated with such an aggresive tread pattern, but was shocked that at 45mph with the top down we were easily able to hold a conversation. I have Cooper STT Pro.
I am installing a set of 33" ridge grapplers on a F150 tomorrow, and while it's not the Jeep I can let you know how they are on the truck.
hOW M
I took a customer home today with the top down/windows up, and he commented how quiet my tires were(He is not a Jeep/truck guy.) He told me before he got in the Jeep that he hated loud tires that are normally associated with such an aggresive tread pattern, but was shocked that at 45mph with the top down we were easily able to hold a conversation. I have Cooper STT Pro.
I am installing a set of 33" ridge grapplers on a F150 tomorrow, and while it's not the Jeep I can let you know how they are on the truck.
How many miles do you have on the cooper ? I know from all the mud tires i have had in the past they always get louder after they start to wear. But I have admit I really like the look of these cooper stt. Its so hard after running toyos for so many years.I really have liked that tire so much. I miss it now since i am running the MTRs that i couldn't turn down with the deal i got on them or i was going buy the toyos again
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Happy to contribute:

Evo 2.5 Boost, shock extensions and drop brackets.
Battle Born Bootlegger Beadlocks 17x9, 3.5" backspacing
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5

I'm in love with this Jeep.

41171621551_018ac93a04_b.jpg
TAL I was going to order my JL in the morning for a black top and black fenders but now after seeing yours wow ! This looks so darn sharp ! I dont know now if i want the white top and white fenders like you have. Yours looks bass as#.What about the 13.50 over the 12.50 on the tires ? I was always told the wider you go the more the tires will not roll as good because they are wider.Does yours ever try to wobble side ways maybe and not roll as good as a 12.5 would ? And what about the extra weight do you think it effects it being heavier ?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
What’s all involved to reinforce suspension? What is the price to reinforce it? Forgive me I’m a newbie. Thanks
They aren’t talking about suspension. They are talking about axles
You’d want to price out the following:
Welding on a truss
Chomoly axle shafts
C gussets
Heavy duty ball joints
Etc.

This is to ensure strength so you don’t break off-roading. If just driving on the road or if you have a rubicon you might be able to get away with it, but eventually you risk breaking with extra weight.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
hOW M

How many miles do you have on the cooper ? I know from all the mud tires i have had in the past they always get louder after they start to wear. But I have admit I really like the look of these cooper stt. Its so hard after running toyos for so many years.I really have liked that tire so much. I miss it now since i am running the MTRs that i couldn't turn down with the deal i got on them or i was going buy the toyos again
Less than 700 miles on the Coopers on the JL. A good friend of mine has nearly 60k miles on the set he put on his F150 and I have not heard him complain(He drives a lot for work.)
The MTR/k is a good tire, but louder than the Toyos/Coopers with not nearly as good road manners(My opinion, others may differ.) The weight is one reason I am always drawn to the 37" MTR's.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'm running 27psi in mine. Those 13.5" Coopers sure are a pain in the ass to mount on the KMC beadlocks.... I've mounted Toyos, Nittos, and MTR/k's on beadlocks but I never had to fight with them like I did to get those Coopers on the KMC beadlocks. :muscle:
Chris do you run the 37 13.50 17 now ? i am thinking about going with that instead of the 37 12.50. its not bu about 9 lbs more but will it try to walk side ways on me going down the road compared to the 37 12.50 ? i have been told the wider you go you have more of a chance of it woalking side ways. can you balance them a 9 inch fuel wheel ? i reallly like the 13.50 look but it is to wide for a JL ?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I am running 37x13.50 on a 9" wheel, but if I were to do it again I would probably go with the 12.50" for the D Load Rating.
I don't notice any "walking" sideways with these tires, and they balanced very well with the beadlocks(2 wheels didn't require any weights at all.)

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I am running 37x13.50 on a 9" wheel, but if I were to do it again I would probably go with the 12.50" for the D Load Rating.
I don't notice any "walking" sideways with these tires, and they balanced very well with the beadlocks(2 wheels didn't require any weights at all.)
Yeah I’m never getting an E rated tire again after this. When I upgrade to 37” I’m going D

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yeah I’m never getting an E rated tire again after this. When I upgrade to 37” I’m going D
The Toyo 37 12-5-17 weighs 84 lb the Cooper 37 13 5 17 weighs 81 lb the Cooper 37 12-5- 17 weighs 74 lb I was originally going to go with the tow Yo which would have been 84 lb so if I did the Cooper 37 13.5 at 81 lb I'd still be lighter than the Toyo I was going to do. Yes it is an E Rated Tire but does it matter as long as you're looking at weight and the weights less than what I was going to do in the toyo ? I talked to Cooper Tire company and they gave me those weights. So the 13.50 over the 12.50 thats nothing is it ?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
They aren’t talking about suspension. They are talking about axles
You’d want to price out the following:
Welding on a truss
Chomoly axle shafts
C gussets
Heavy duty ball joints
Etc.

This is to ensure strength so you don’t break off-roading. If just driving on the road or if you have a rubicon you might be able to get away with it, but eventually you risk breaking with extra weight.
No. They're talking about breaking the tailgate with the larger wheel/tire.

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
B599F12E-5406-490C-BA74-944AA4A5E9D7.jpeg 59BCCC9A-5DD9-4804-A55A-C2D67EEC221B.jpeg Did a little flex testing and found the rear tire just catches the plastic panel at the rear side of the inner fender. That panel looks removable, need some investigation. When fully flexed and rubbing it just was hitting the bump stop. The Coopers seem to be on the larger size of the 37’s. I was measuring near 36” tall.

6E58FAC0-0BBA-491F-BEB6-78BCC22E39C9.jpeg
Probably could just use a heat gun and remold that plastic to grab an extra half inch of clearance

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Probably could just use a heat gun and remold that plastic to grab an extra half inch of clearance
Do you have the Mopar lift ? If I remember right on Cooper's website that 37 tire is like 36.7

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
The Toyo 37 12-5-17 weighs 84 lb the Cooper 37 13 5 17 weighs 81 lb the Cooper 37 12-5- 17 weighs 74 lb I was originally going to go with the tow Yo which would have been 84 lb so if I did the Cooper 37 13.5 at 81 lb I'd still be lighter than the Toyo I was going to do. Yes it is an E Rated Tire but does it matter as long as you're looking at weight and the weights less than what I was going to do in the toyo ? I talked to Cooper Tire company and they gave me those weights. So the 13.50 over the 12.50 thats nothing is it ?

I don't think he's referring to the weight of an E-Rated tire. I think it's the stiffness of the tire on the road. The E-Rated Coopers have a 10 ply vs the D-Rated 8ply.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes I know what he's talking about I'm agreeing with him the E Tire is going to be more stiffer to hold more weight the D Tire won't be as stiff and hard. What I'm saying is I can get the Cooper stt Pro in the 37 1350 and it still lighter than the toyo 37 12.50. So I think I'm going to go with the Cooper 37 1350 like that white jeep has with the white top and painted fenders that looks really good with a 13.50

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Do you have the Mopar lift ? If I remember right on Cooper's website that 37 tire is like 36.7
It has a 2.5" Rough Country Spacer lift. The RC lift uses a 2.5" spacer in the front and a 2" in the rear. I wish it was 2.5" on both ends. It just hits the bump stop but it makes noise. I measured out the tire and it's a solid 36 mounted with weight on it.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Also, the Cooper 37 was no way fitting on the spare carrier in the stock position. I added the Rough Country adapter and moved up the 3rd brake light which worked out well. I am going to switch to the Mopar tailgate reinforcement and the Mopar tire carrier relocation. The RC adapter isn't rated for the 37's, I know people are using it but it just feels heavy.

Another thing. The Mopar wheels have 5.25" backspacing, this locates the 12.5" tires nicely. No rub when steering.

I've been documenting it the whole way http://www.jeepfan.com/projects/jeepfan-com-2018-jl-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-project/

RearView.jpg
Sponsored