35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It is seeming like all indications are pointing to being able to use the stock rubi wheels without spacers for 35s with only minimal rubbing. I doubt that would be the case with the non-rubi trims.
Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Looking like 315/70R17 KO2s and Fuel Beast wheels will be about 100lbs. Is that way too much?

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Looking like 315/70R17 KO2s and Fuel Beast wheels will be about 100lbs. Is that way too much?
That’s a great tire choice. Can’t get much better or lighter... the 17” Beast is pretty heavy @34lbs... the Anza, Trophy and Podiums are all about 25-27.... that said, the wheel weight isn’t as important as the tire weight since it’s mass is closer to the center of rotation. If you really love the Beast you should do it.

Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
That’s a great tire choice. Can’t get much better or lighter... the 17” Beast is pretty heavy @34lbs... the Anza, Trophy and Podiums are all about 25-27.... that said, the wheel weight isn’t as important as the tire weight since it’s mass is closer to the center of rotation. If you really love the Beast you should do it.
I love the Beast. Also got my eye on the more aggressive Destination M/T2 as well, and those are only ~2lbs more per tire.

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
I love the Beast. Also got my eye on the more aggressive Destination M/T2 as well, and those are only ~2lbs more per tire.
The Beast do look pretty good, If you do the KO2 get the Ford Raptor spec, load range C, only 63 lbs and little better ride than the Load range E.

BadgeYFZ450

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
yeah, looks great without a lift. Looks just like my 2.5" teraflex lift on my '14 jkur with 35s. It did rub a little bit with that setup but it wasn't bad.
What offset did you go with?

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
The camera “thing” appears to be exactly 2” in diameter, but gets larger at its base. The AEV center hole is about 3/32 smaller than that.

I’ll give you all some better measurements when I get back to it. My wife just wrecked my Chief!

905567DC-7D4A-4708-A4A2-080FA0B4B028.jpeg
Moment of Silence please !!

ClintA

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
DA4675E4-611A-418B-B1A7-CEE5398AA499.jpeg
6B2B66CB-28E1-409A-8062-D9CF504847DA.jpeg

I’m very pleased with the choice to go 37’s. Being a new model, I’m not sure how much needs to be adjusted to accommodate the larger tires. It is my daily driver, but I enjoy hitting trails and mudding every chance I get. I had a chance to really beat on it today and did not have any rubbing. 37’s with the mopar 2” lift works for me.
I have seen some negative feedback on the highway handling with the 37s. I really like the look of the 37s with the 2" lift but I am torn between 35s and 37s. Majority of time with be a DD and some highway travel but I want to also be able to offroad.

I am interested in performance loss for lower and higher speeds with the larger tires as well as overall handling. If you have been able to see the impact to fuel economy, I would like to know what I am up against before doing it as well.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I have seen some negative feedback on the highway handling with the 37s. I really like the look of the 37s with the 2" lift but I am torn between 35s and 37s. Majority of time with be a DD and some highway travel but I want to also be able to offroad.

I am interested in performance loss for lower and higher speeds with the larger tires as well as overall handling. If you have been able to see the impact to fuel economy, I would like to know what I am up against before doing it as well.
You and I think alike! I am in the same boat and have been going back and forth between 35's and 37's. However, because mine is also a DD, the 35's probably make more sense as Jeep designed the new Rubi to take 35's easily with the 2" Mopar lift. I don't think the minimal gains of the 37" tires are worth the hit in gas and drive-ability. Then again, this is my first Jeep and that statement is only based on assumption, not experience. I am hoping others will chime in as most, if not all forum members here are way more knowledgeable than me :) Would I like to have the 37's? Heck yes, but at what cost? If other members can confirm that the difference between both sizes is minimal, then I may be persuaded to go 37's. Ultimately, I want a fairly compliant ride on road, but still want great capability off-road and I know 37's would be better for the latter, but by how much?