Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I did this thread. Mopar 2.0 with Toyo Open Country MT 35's Net lift measures 3.25 to 3.50

Still have about 4" left on Standard garage door. Will be going to 37's and will have room still.

I still don't get how Jeepers are running 37's on Rubicon stock wheels. I was told and read that was not wise to do. The 17X7.5 wheel not wide enough. Thats only reason I bought wheels.

Wish I would have known this. Could have used my stock wheels. :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

20210319_105627.jpg

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr ; 2019 Winnebago Navion
Not sure if I did this thread. Mopar 2.0 with Toyo Open Country MT 35's Net lift measures 3.25 to 3.50

Still have about 4" left on Standard garage door. Will be going to 37's and will have room still.

I still don't get how Jeepers are running 37's on Rubicon stock wheels. I was told and read that was not wise to do. The 17X7.5 wheel not wide enough. Thats only reason I bought wheels.

Wish I would have known this. Could have used my stock wheels. :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

20210319_105627.jpg
I actually had some of your same concerns But after much research and dialogue with my local Jeep dealership I feel very comfortable with 37’s on my stock rims. I chalk tested them and found they do crown a little bit if you inflate them too much. I determined the sweet spot to be 28 psi for daily driving. Plus I can air them down to 16 off-road without worrying about popping a bead.
It took me a while to get the nerve to go from 18 to 16 but with a number of advanced Moab trails under my belt ; I’m now even thinking about trying 14 psi…, yikes.

Good luck with yours (looks nice) and enjoy.

4ABDA2A1-7DB0-4588-9EBE-FE7B9B2B308F.jpeg

5AC44EBA-F9FE-4746-92CD-DADCAF28CAB2.jpeg

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I actually had some of your same concerns But after much research and dialogue with my local Jeep dealership I feel very comfortable with 37’s on my stock rims. I chalk tested them and found they do crown a little bit if you inflate them too much. I determined the sweet spot to be 28 psi for daily driving. Plus I can air them down to 16 off-road without worrying about popping a bead.
It took me a while to get the nerve to go from 18 to 16 but with a number of advanced Moab trails under my belt ; I’m now even thinking about trying 14 psi…, yikes.

Good luck with yours (looks nice) and enjoy.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 5AC44EBA-F9FE-4746-92CD-DADCAF28CAB2

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 5AC44EBA-F9FE-4746-92CD-DADCAF28CAB2
That was one thing I heard tires would crown because the 7.5 in width to small.

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr ; 2019 Winnebago Navion
That was one thing I heard tires would crown because the 7.5 in width to small.
Yes. That is correct. That’s why you have to air them down a bit. I found 28 psi to be the sweet spot using the chalk method
On the bright side though is the theory of the “poor man’s bead lock” which Is created by extra force pushing out against the bead thus preventing separation.
In a perfect situation I probably would look at the minimum recommended rim width range for the tire I like and use that size rim or 1/2” smaller….
This is a much better alternative than going with a wider rim in my opinion.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. That is correct. That’s why you have to air them down a bit. I found 28 psi to be the sweet spot using the chalk method
On the bright side though is the theory of the “poor man’s bead lock” which Is created by extra force pushing out against the bead thus preventing separation.
In a perfect situation I probably would look at the minimum recommended rim width range for the tire I like and use that size rim or 1/2” smaller….
Well poop, wish I would of knew this when my Jeep came in. :swear::swear:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Same for me. 37" KO2 and 26-29 psi is perfect for the road. 14 psi has not been an issue off-road