Sponsored

35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
37x12.5r17 BFG KO2s (C rated) with AEV 2.5” lift. Theses 37s run smaller (35.5” exactly mounted on my rig with the extra weight and 35 PSI).

Really happy with this stance and setup. 35” would have been too small.

B974A5C5-BE79-44B1-9B0A-33B6471035FA.jpeg
248830EC-6F78-4644-898B-6A749E0AA2A0.jpeg
151D9250-335F-4E13-9495-9FFD4B56213A.jpeg
What front bumper is that?
Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
37x12.5r17 BFG KO2s (C rated) with AEV 2.5” lift. Theses 37s run smaller (35.5” exactly mounted on my rig with the extra weight and 35 PSI).

Really happy with this stance and setup. 35” would have been too small.

B974A5C5-BE79-44B1-9B0A-33B6471035FA.jpeg
248830EC-6F78-4644-898B-6A749E0AA2A0.jpeg
151D9250-335F-4E13-9495-9FFD4B56213A.jpeg
Looks like you have a very well equipped Rubicon with 2 pups included!!
I have a question for you about your roof rack, who makes it and if any drilling or other mods were involved installing it

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Just so it’s clear. Aftermarket warranties only void the parts you replace all of which would be extremely rare items to warranty in the first place.

The Mopar lift to save my warranty is a bad rumor or a dealer pitch.
This is inaccurate. It’s not just the parts you replace that are ”voided”. It’s any parts that may be impaired, worn, or damaged as a result of the modifications you make. The test is whether your modifications caused or “contributed to” the problem. For the common modification combination of lift, wheels, and tires, the list of components that are more stressed is very long and includes much more than steering components and running gear. If you have a great dealer they make the repairs without “noticing“ the mods. If you have a douche-dealer, they claim that your mods contributed to the problem and you’re stuck with balancing the cost and hassle of fighting about it against the cost of repair. (See the Magnuson-Moss Act, 1975)

Last edited:

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
What front bumper is that?
It’s the JCR Mauler Stubby; but I think they actually discontinued this specific bumper recently. I’m only seeing the dagger bumper for stubby styles right now.

@JcrOffroad did the stubby mauler get discontinued for the JL/JT?

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any info on the roof rack?
Possible to get a picture of the back of your Jeep?
Thanks in advance

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like you have a very well equipped Rubicon with 2 pups included!!
I have a question for you about your roof rack, who makes it and if any drilling or other mods were involved installing it
Thanks appreciate the compliments!

The roof rack is made by Gobi; this is the stealth rack. No drilling required.

This is my 3rd rack from Gobi; I’ve had one for my TJ, JK and now my JL. I highly recommend them and think it’s the best product if you use your rack regularly. My only real complaint is that Gobi has abysmal customer service and my orders have always been 4-8 weeks longer than quoted. Their standard lead time is already around 12 weeks.

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I have the same setup but with borahs and 37 Nittos. Have you had any rubbing at the control arms?
No rubbing at all. Not even close at full lock. I’ve got 4.75” of backspace with my wheels for reference.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks appreciate the compliments!

The roof rack is made by Gobi; this is the stealth rack. No drilling required.

This is my 3rd rack from Gobi; I’ve had one for my TJ, JK and now my JL. I highly recommend them and think it’s the best product if you use your rack regularly. My only real complaint is that Gobi has abysmal customer service and my orders have always been 4-8 weeks longer than quoted. Their standard lead time is already around 12 weeks.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Does the rack have any type of ladder in the back?
It`s nice to hear that someone is a repeat customer, that says a lot about their product.
Shipping is probably my worst fear, it seams no matter what I but that is powder coated arrives with some sort of damage to the finish.
I just checked out their site and they have some nice parts, do you notice any extra wind noise?

Sponsored

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Does the rack have any type of ladder in the back?
It`s nice to hear that someone is a repeat customer, that says a lot about their product.
Shipping is probably my worst fear, it seams no matter what I but that is powder coated arrives with some sort of damage to the finish.

Gobi has always shipped them to me on a pallet via a freight company. They always arrived very well packaged.

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Gobi has always shipped them to me on a pallet via a freight company. They always arrived very well packaged.
I just checked out their site and they have some nice parts, do you notice any extra wind noise?
There is definitely added noise and a mild hit to MPG; but both are pretty negligible imo.

I can still have a conversation just fine at highway speeds and I still average about 16/18 MPG, but I’m also pretty mellow on the skinny pedal. But I think I also have a higher tolerance to those factors than most folks this being my 3rd wrangler and my first being a TJ; so everything is an improvement really.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ashton, Many thanks for the pictures, it looks exactly like what I am looking for. I like the look of the two ladders. Line I said before, nice job on your build!

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This is inaccurate. It’s not just the parts you replace that are ”voided”. It’s any parts that may be impaired, worn, or damaged as a result of the modifications you make. The test is whether your modifications caused or “contributed to” the problem. For the common modification combination of lift, wheels, and tires, the list of components that are more stressed is very long and includes much more than steering components and running gear. If you have a great dealer they make the repairs without “noticing“ the mods. If you have a douche-dealer, they claim that your mods contributed to the problem and you’re stuck with balancing the cost and hassle of fighting about it against the cost of repair. (See the Magnuson-Moss Act, 1975)

Very familiar with Magnuson-Moss Act. (AFIP Certified for 17 years) Tire size could get something rejected faster than control arms or springs. All the things you mentioned are very rare warranty items or probably failed due to off-roading or tire size. None of that factors in with Mopar vs an aftermarket. Your common failures are electrical and most certainly would be warrantied.

Dealerships make a ton of money doing warranty claims, don't let them scare you into more money buying a MOPAR lift if you prefer a better option.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Very familiar with Magnuson-Moss Act. (AFIP Certified for 17 years) Tire size could get something rejected faster than control arms or springs. All the things you mentioned are very rare warranty items or probably failed due to off-roading or tire size. None of that factors in with Mopar vs an aftermarket. Your common failures are electrical and most certainly would be warrantied.

Dealerships make a ton of money doing warranty claims, don't let them scare you into more money buying a MOPAR lift if you prefer a better option.
In my experience, most of the folks installing lift kits are doing so in order to run bigger tires, and the bigger tires go on immediately.

I don’t recall dealer push-back on warranty work requests relating to springs/shocks/control arms — for the reasons you mentioned, and because the OEM versions of those parts are so often replaced by the aftermarket versions in the lift kits, and nobody expects the factory to warranty components the customer bought from TeraFlex (or whoever).

On the other hand, I have seen dealer pushback on steering component replacement because “the lift and big tires subjected the steering components to higher stresses that accelerated wear and induced the steering slop and cause the Jeep to wander”… (even though the same steering problems were being found and repaired on Jeeps of the same year with higher mileage.) That’s just one example. As I said, great dealers don‘t look for ways to dodge warranty claims, but there are some lousy service writers and/or dealers that respond like the example above.
Sponsored